How can I kill my time till Fluoxetine will kick in? Please help me!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Severely depressed. DIssociated. depersonalized. FLUOXETINE for 5 weeks. i'm just waiting for med to kick in. i basically can do nothing due to extreme brain fatigue that is relating to burning out from work. I don't know what to do all day long except laying down. Please give me ideas how to kill my days till med will kick in. I'm not particularly patient Please help me!!!

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

hey there, i started fluoxetine about 5 months ago now and i can say only the last couple of weeks i have felt better.

i occupied myself by doing puzzles, painting, drawing, colouring. anything that keeps the mind busy. i hope you feel better soon

• Posted

Thank you for your response

5 months.....such a long journey

i'm just 6 weeks, no relief YES i'm coloring to kill my time. Nothing else i can do.

• Posted

hi. firstly I totally get where you are. im on week 12 now and still feel off. i upped my dose about 6 weeks ago to 40mg. im having much better moments now and realise that i have stopped worrying as much and if i do worry i forget that i have worried. it makes me more in the here and now but have had awful moments too. please hang in there and something that has helped me is to give myself permission to feel this way and not to fight it. good luck and get in touch anytime and i will try to help x

• Posted

Thank you for your response

i'm worrying and worrying and wondering something seriously wrong in my head...... been too long. i should have seek treatment earlier than waiting for it got really bad. I'm still on 6 weeks. No relief at all.

• Posted

stay focused and permit yourself to feel worried and unwell. you are worried and unwell and going through depression. depression is treatable and you will get there. i have faith im getting there. did a light jog before with the dog and doing 1 burpee a day and then adding one. did 3 burpees before. had a shower and got my new pyjamas on, bought some nice new toiletries and aftershave so i can start to feel a bit nice. have you got a therapist? can you afford to go private? my therapist was accessed through work and she settles me every time i see her.

• Posted

Thank you for your comment again. I burned out from my work....pretty severe depression with many sxs. So uncomfortable. YES, i tend to catastrophyze it and scared of thinking it'll be the end of the world....

• Posted

i hope you feeling a little better. im also burnt out from work and life. im a shell of myself and the medicine makes me feel like im in some warped version of reality. my dreams are crazy. i have been able to catastrophyze less each day on the meds but still do it. hope you ok

• Posted

THANK YOU for your response

On the coming back process? ., not knowing where i'm going. Prozac causes vivid dreams. Hope med will bring me back to reality. Dissociated and depersonalized. Struggling every day. Will start TMS soon .

• Posted

continued to ricky04578

When did you start feeling better? You are on med for 12 weeks?

Me.....6 weeks seem to be nothing . What do you mean "warped reality" ?

It's so hard for me to live like this.

Thank you for responding me!!

• Posted

warped reality for me means everything has felt alien and probably a bit like psychosis. when i was younger i used party drugs so i know what it feels like to feel unusual. thats how i have felt on prozac. yes im 12 weeks and slowly each day for 5 days the foggy head is clearing. i can tell im getting better as thinking more clearly. also im able to be more mindful and be at one with my thoughts. i was totally unable to do this before i started them.

good luck. find some good tv programmes and try to relax into the depersonalisation. it is temporary. my mental health nurse told.me to say out loud to myself.this is treatable and i will get better. take care

• Posted

Thank you

My coming back to myself process seems very weird.i try to be patient thinking that my brain isn't working ok. No other choice right now. Very scared, anxious and fearful.

• Posted

Because of my severe depression with dissociation/depersonalization, , i can do very little. i went group therapy today. i'll see a doc next week.i need a prescription for PROZAC and REMERON. i miss my work so much but there's nothing i can do till this awful depression will improve.Despair and frustration . Meds work very slow.

Been on ZOLOFT for 2 weeks then PROZAC for almost 6 weeks,.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.