How can i live with IBS?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Am 25years old and i have IBS for almost 2 years. Also i suffer from anxiety which makes my ibs a lot worse. i have lost a lot of weight cause whatever i eat it ends up pretty bad in the toilet. I cannot have social life cause am afraid to go out and what if i need a toilet. i csnt even spend quality time with my boyfriend. I have missed a lot of days at work because of that. On september am gonna start psycotherapy but...how do u live with this? what can i do about food about having social life without being afraid. i cant stp crying. the first year i thought that i had food allergy so i didnt search for it but september 2014 i searched for it with ym doc. i did colonoscopy and other stuff but he didnt find anything. now am taking lybrax which have big side effects so i take one every night but still not enough. i dont know what to do anymore.

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Digestive enzymes and probiotics are supposed to help a lot with digestive issues. Both me and my sister have IBS and hers was always worse then mine. She takes digestive enzymes and they helped her a lot. She has stated that she has no idea what she would have done without them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.