How can i remove amlopadine side effects help pls

Posted , 4 users are following.

Last week i have a elevated bp 180/100 due to i was exposed in an extreme heat. I was rushed in the hospital and after a few hr they send me home. The dr. told me to get lab test and all of it is normal except for the bp is elevated. So i took the lab test and 1 dr told me to take amlodipine at first i felt well it lower my bp 130/90 120/80 the next day i started feeling the side effect dizziness,shortness breathing,leg cramps and anxiety. so i went to other doc and told me to take 5mg instead of 10mg and he added losartan 50mg. This is horrible it wortsen my feeling now i feel like im weak more legs cramps and irregular heart beat. Help me guys i want to get off this 2 meds.. i want to try the natural remedies like eating garlic or apple cider viner or bananas and doing exercise and diet. Can i take if off right away and start the natural way or slowly take it off by lowering ng dosage.im 35 now and i want to be normal again the side effect of this meds is killing me and im scared or anxious.pls help me

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

I quit cold turkey stopped eating sugar and that lowered mine. Took about 3 weeks don't take that crap just watch your diet you'll be fine

• Posted

Ah yes Michael but what was your blood pressure reading when you took yourself off the medication?

Myself l am on Losarten and have rapid heartrate and quite high blood pressure so don't want to make it worse by just stopping them. I take Bisoprolol for the fast heart and that's a wicked drug too.

• Posted

Hi michael i didnt take med today i notice i feel cold and shaky is that normal just woke up
    • Posted

Hi christine i took my bp today 140/98 just fisnished eating lets see what will happen later the coldness is slowly subsiding im try the deep breathe technique now hope it will leave soon
  • Posted

Hi Anthony 

Talk to your doctor and tell him you want to reduce your blood pressure with dietary changes and so forth I would not mess with any of those medications   Pure Poisen! 

Please talk to your doctor and it may have just been a fluke I mean is that the first time you’ve ever had a high reading blood pressure changes all the time they would have to have a lot more evidence I would think but unfortunately it happened to me doctors are so quick to throw these poisonous pills at us I managed to taper off the medication as it nearly ruined my life

I made dietary changes and I did finally agreed to 12.5 HCTZ but I’m not gonna take it regularly I truly believe it’s more of white coat hypertension and I’ve always run a little high which in most places is considered not hypertension

I made dietary changes and I did finally agreed to 12.5 HCTZ but I’m not gonna take it regularly I truly believe it’s more of white coat hypertension and I always run a little high which in most places is considered not hypertension 

Please I can’t stress this enough call your doctor or go see them again and tell him /her what you want to do get off that poison with the help of your doctor before it’s too late trust me if you’re reacting this way to it it’s only gonna get worse

I take my blood pressure with a manual cuff and stethoscope make sure whatever device you are using it properly calibrated a lot of those machines are worthless and don’t give you accurate results

I take my blood pressure with a manual cuff and stethoscope sure whatever device you are using properly calibrated a lot of those machines are worthless and don’t give you accurate results 

Best wishes 

• Posted

Hi tee! Thats what i think maybe its just the 1st time i had that kind of feeling and maybe the drugs is the one thats causing this feeling just woke up today did not take the meds i ate fish and fresh papaya i notice i feel cold and shaky do you think its normal? Or im just feeling anxious.
    • Posted

Hi Anthony I can’t stress to you enough to not abruptly stop this medication skipping could cause you further problems you have to call the doctor ASAP I don’t know what time zone you’re in but call them as soon as they open and talk to the nurse or somebody about this you have to be very careful once you’ve taking these medications not to stop them abruptly

Please take this advice serious you can make yourself even more sicker and up in the emergency room in bad shape all these medications no matter how long you’ve been on them require tapering off at them very carefully 

I hope and pray Near heed the advice of everyone here if you start feeling worse take yourself to the emergency room or call 911 please do not take this advice lately these medications are dangerous if stopped abruptly and personally I think they’re all plays in anyway but once you get it in your system you can’t just cold turkey without possible terrible side effects

Near heed the advice of everyone here if you start feeling worse take yourself to the emergency room or call 911 please do not take this advice lately these medications are dangerous if stopped abruptly and personally I think they’re all plays in anyway but once you get it in your system you can’t just cold turkey without possible terrible side effects Please keep us posted 

• Posted

The coldness stop and shaking maybe its cold in the room a slight lighthead now and lower stomach pain hope it will leave as well .its 11am here in the phillippines may bp 140/95 still practicing deep breathing it help me relax when i feel anxious
  • Posted

Anthony l wouldn't just stop taking the medication,go to your Dr and ask for something else to bring the blood pressure down. I agree those two drugs are awful, they do make you feel so ill and unlike yourself. They make feel so anxious and jittery and l have been taking them since Jan and Nov 2017. Am weaning off the Bisoprolol and am off the Amlodopine, still on Lostarten which is horrible.

See your Dr before you make any decisions. Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks christine just wokenup today did not took the med and i feel cold and shaky so i ate a fish and fresh papaya and lets see if this cold feeling will leave. No lighthead today and weakness feeling. Maybe im just anxious
  • Posted

I agree w/ Christine 

Never abruptly stop taking medication always go to your doctor and you can even work on making a taper schedule to come off of it make sure your doctor has a copy of it I wrote mine out for three months every week I would fax her the amount of medication I took and my blood pressure readings

• Posted

I called the clinic but my doctor is on vacation i hope i will feel fine later today i will eat banana and try what will be the changes
    • Posted

If the doctor is on vacation then there has to be someone covering for him or his nurse should be able to advise you if not I would report to the nearest emergency room or urgent care clinic and speak to a physician really take this seriously you don’t want to get yourself into a mess you can’t get out of those changes that were mentioned as in dietary changes and so forth are to be done once you’ve cleared your system of these medications

There have been times when people have a broccoli stop this medication in their blood pressure has spiked even higher or cause some serious side effects really would hate to have anything happen to you please don’t wait on us and make sure whoever that you talk to you in the ER you explain to them every single thing that this medication has done  and explain you were placed on it simply because of one reading that was elevated 

I hope you end up finding a good doctor they can help you while your doctors on vacation you need to be monitored while you’re doing the taper of this medication this isn’t something you do on your own or to be taken lightly the doctor has to stay in the loop of the process

Good luck 🍀🙏

• Posted

Hi guys it may 2nd day without amlo and losartan and im feeling good.. im eating banana every meal to relax ng vessel and lower my bp so far im doin fine. I still feel slight lighthead but it will come off fast. Numbness of feet and arm some times. Check my bp its 136/90.. hope this will continue and everyone here will feel great.. im thinking of eating garlic ive heard its good for lowering bp. And im watching my diet also low sodium intake more fruits. Walk little by little.. not as bad when im taking amlo and losartan.
  • Posted

10th day without med. still feeling fine just a little dizzy and pain in arm but almost gone.. continue with the diet low sodium and salt and exercise keeping hydrated always. still monitoring my bp 117/75 pulse 71 hope it will continue this way stay healthy and think positive. our body will heal itself just give it time all we can do is help our body recover faster by doing the right thing.
    • Posted

That’s excellent news Anthony. You’re doing fabulous!!  Continue to keep us posted 
    • Posted

thanks tee19 its my 13th day without meds still doin fine.. side effect of the meds almost gone im doing dash diet and low sodium and sugar more water. stretching every time i wake up in the morning and brisk walking or doing anything that will make me sweat. hope we all get better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.