How can I stop sleeping all day?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been depressed for over one year one and I'm on 150mg venlafexine for one year now. But recently I have being having trouble waking up in the morning. No matter how much I sleep, I will not be able to get out of bed and stay awake. I literally fall asleep. I have so much work to do as I have my university entrance exams in few months. Even last year I couldn't get through as I was depressed and I am repeating this is year.

It's not that I don't have motivation to get up, it's just that I feel really tired and I feel like I don't have energy to even get out of bed

3 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there i have completely the opposite @ the moment but for months i literally could slp hours on end & jumped in bed or nodded off at every available opportunity. We tend to think its always related to our a.depressants but i went to the drs & was severly anaemic. I was put on strong iron tabs within a few months was a lot more awake... although depression itself makes me sleep a lot. Definately worth seeing a dr sonali just to rule out a physical cause & how best to proceed from there. Good luck ;0) xx

• Posted

Thank you so much 😃 I'll meet a doctor soon and get my physical fitness checked out.

• Posted

Oh bless. Just always worth it & i couldnt srop earting ice pops crushed ice & ice lollys lol. Apparently a big symptom i never knew just thought id turned back into a kid xx ;0). Whatever the cause in yr case hope its sorted so u can get on with yr studies etc xx kp us posted!

• Posted

Stop eating rather excuse the spelling mistakes oops xx
  • Posted

Hi Sonali  00115, if I was you I would consider speaking to your gp  maybe you need to change your antidepressants,I know at this time of year it easy to feel like this when the weather isn't good and you have nothing to get up for , I know that I can get like that at this time of year but in the summer I start to feel better as at least I can get out, 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.