How can I stop thinking stupid things

Posted , 6 users are following.

For the past 2 weeks I'm waking up the. Start thinking I'm having a heart attack and I'm going to die!! It's scaring me and was looking 4 suggestions how I can stop these

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

it's tricky...the more you worry about it happening and fighting against it...the more it will happen...it takes a while to "get used" to this but it will settle down...trust me

• Posted

We've been through this, Steph. You've had every test under the sun for heart problems, and they were all normal.

Get it into your head that there is nothing wrong with your heart.

You might be run over and die in a couple of weeks, but you're not dying of a heart attack.

• Posted

Doctors usually will only give blood pressure medicine if your blood pressure is consistently high. Sometimes even after being given medicine blood pressure can go too low. Eat a Mediterranean diet. Get some moderate exercise. And know you're doing your best

• Posted

why do you start thinking you're having a heart attack? what are the symptoms you are experiencing?

I have them so many times and everytime I ended up in A&E everything was fine..

if you are used to those, you should know they will die down..

when I panic I take my pulse, a paramedic showed me how to.. it always helps, even though I feel my heart racing and pounding, I realise the pulse is normal so I start relaxing..

• Posted

You haven't posted for a couple of days, Steph. Are you all right. Please let us know.             love Tess

• Posted

Why would only request 4 suggestions ? I hope this isn't full off robot type people.

• Posted

The figure '4' is now, regrettably, used to mean 'for', by people who are unable to write correct written English.

It is infuriating and shows a lack of education, which is to be deprected.

• Posted

You dont have to stop it actually, you have to stop believing it. Two different things thats the secret there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.