How can I stop this burning in stomach??

Posted , 4 users are following.

Oh my God what was I thinking? I just ate a piece of world's greatest choclate the almonds kind. I love this candy so much and my grandson was eating a box and he gave me one. I just couldn't resist. Now, I have the worse burning in my stomach from gastritis. I was feeling so much better and now I'm starting over again. I've tried everything to stop this burning. Any suggestions on how to stop it or what may help it. It's from the stomach and goes to my lower back. It's been burning for 2 hrs. now.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Have.you got any gaviscon in the house? Try that or may be peppermint if you can tolerate it? This may help, it could be the oil in the nut or the milk. Oops never mind, we all do it!
  • Posted

Don't worry about heartburn. Simply take milk or an antacid; I have frequent heartburn and these things work for me.  Worry will make symptoms worse.

• Posted

Poppa so is the burning stomach actually from heartburn or the gastritis? Because I was just trying to do cleaning and the movements started the burning again. So I assume it's the inflammation of the stomach?

• Posted

Sorry typo. I meant Pippa
    • Posted

If you feel burning in your stomach, that is heartburn.  Heartburn is also a gastritis symptom.  Gastritis is inflammation of the stomach lining.
  • Posted

Warm some milk, and sip, even watered down milk, by about half as much water as milk, that worked best for Dad and he had shocking stomach problem for years. I find it helps with bad case of gastristsis.  Agree with Mary gaviscon will help as well, but you are limited to just how much of that you can swallow.

Stay away from anything with garlic, onions, red meat, cinnnamon, or any of the spices to be honest.  I know it sounds awfully bland, but your tum needs a rest. Fish, Chicken, and plain veges, salad.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.