How can I tell if my cardiologist is accurate in his diagnosis of my heart health?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Call me a hypochondriac if you will but I am concerned that because I am female and have not had a heart attack that my cardiologist is not really looking at all the information on my tests. I have had 2 Cardiac PET scans, several echocardiograms. I have angina at rest and on exertion. I have been diagnosed with mild pulmonary hypertension and have mild mitral and tricuspid valve regurgitation. Is there anyone who would look at the test I have had done and offer a second opinion? I am 65 and 3 years ago my 1st cousin of the same age dropped dead talking on her phone in the kitchen. She had also been told she had no heart issues. I have a very unhealthy family history of cardiac disease. I just feel that something may be going on that the doctor is not recognizing. I have never had a heart cath-the dr. feels it would be too invasive. Any ideas, thoughts or suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks and have a good day.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

By obtaining multiple readings. I do just get opinions from one tests but have many done. If you can, by a few doctors instead of just one.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.