How can they tell if it's migraine or something else?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've had all the tests done. I was told by neurotologist that I have Menieres but was told by a PT that I have severe horizontal BPPV.

I really really think I also have migraines. I don't always have pain but I do have everything else. I have the extreme sensitivity to light and sound. My eyes water all the time, even during sleep. My vision is always blurred (usually one eye worse than the other). Flashes of lights in my eyes (told they are ocular migraines by opthalmologist). And I have the dizziness & off balance. Hard to walk in stores, doc offices, stare at patterns or anything.

I get sharp pains in my head and behind my eye (was told occipital neuralgia). But behind my eyes ache a lot. My forehead/eyebrows ache a lot.

I asked the neurotologist if he thought migraines and he said no but I'm begging to differ. I was just at the doctor and she looked in my ears and said there wasn't any fluid.

I'm sick of feeling like this!! And I'm sick of going to docs and them not listening to me! Does this sound like vestibular migraine and if so, how do I get the doc to listen???

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi it does sound like vestibular migraine but Im not a doctor.  If you have BPPV they would the epley manoevre and get rid of it for you.  You do have all the symptoms.  Check out vestibular migraine or migraine associated  vertigo on facebook.  Two very good sites.  The only thing you can do is print some stuff out and take it with you.  You will need medication to get rid of it it doesnt go on its own. Ask to see a different neuro maybe. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.