How can you reverse perimenopausal weight loss

Posted , 3 users are following.

For those of us who have lost a lot of weight during this time, have any of you found a way to gain it back or stumbled across any literature that suggests how? Please let me know. Desperate to gain weight.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I'm trying to eat regularly even though it's painful and I'm keeping a food diary

Eating is more painful at night for me so trying to eat during the day and less at night

Avocados seem to be ok and full of stuff! I'm on goats milk etc but  to be honest its all hit and miss.  I think the panics and night sweats increase my calorie burn!

Good luck be good to hear from anyone else?

Good luck

• Posted

Hi Shar!

Avocados mentioned by joyyoga are an excellent choice.  Easy on the system as well.

A few years ago, I got very sick and lost quite a bit of weight. I am not sure if they sell products like Boost Hi Protein drinks or Ensure in the UK, but that's how I eventually gained my weight back. I started out simply drinking those and gatorade to have some form of nourishment when I couldn't tolerate food.

After I began improving and eating again, I would drink at least two of the Boost High protein shakes a day. I ate a lot mashed potatoes and other starchy products that helped increase my weight along with following a regular diet.  It took a few months (2 or 3) before I started to look my old self.

It's crazy now, as I have the complete opposite issue now.sad

Good luck as I know how frustrating this can be.

Annie xx

• Posted

Thanks Annie. I recently bought a case of Ensure over the weekend. Will see how it goes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.