How can you tell if you are experiencing PMS?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am really worried as I have never experienced this kind of thing before. I get really concerned about my health all the time and for the past five days i have had really bad stomach cramps. My period is due next thursday and i dont usually have PMS. I'm 14 and don't have much experience with this kind of thing. So i would really appreciate some advice. Thanks. smile

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

Usually whatever symptoms I get from PMS occurs few days before my period. To know if this is a result from PMS you have to see if it happens each month around the time of your next period. Though from what I can remember from when I was your age, I know I didn't use to experience cramps during my period but then suddenly I started to experience them. So, since you are still young your body is changing and because of that things tend to change. 

• Posted

thank you so much! i am not so worried now as i was before. will see if these symptoms continue next month! smile
  • Posted

You've got nothing to worry about gurl smile All natural but painful process that we females go through! Some months it won't be as bad but some may be that bit more painful, just your body maturing and growing.

Your body has 3 weeks of this, and 1 week of rest...we get it hard i know! the first week is preperation (cramp),2nd week is period(cramps,moody,restlessness,tired,irritable) and 3rd week is your body going back to normal (Woohoo!), only for a week of rest to just go through all that again! It sure is a pain at times being female! heehee cheesygrin

Just prepare yourself with a hot water bottle,hot chocolate and perhaps a pillow to snug into!

• Posted

thanks! it all sounds so much more managable now. But ugh, they never teach you in school how hard it really is smile thanks for replying! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.