How careful do we need to be with towels?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I thought my molluscum had cleared up but discovered a couple more spots last week. They're very small and may have been there all the time. Anyway, how careful do MC sufferers need to be with towels, including my own? I mean, I'm very careful to only dry the uninfected areas with my main towel, and to use a different towel for the infected area, but what if my main towel accidentally touches the (now previously) infected area for literally less than one second? Is that too short a time for any cross-contamination to happen? I'm tired of being paranoid, putting my main towel in the wash again at 60 degrees just because it touched the infected area for 0.01 of a second.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

it can stay on towels for up to 2 hours after using a 60 degree wash should be fine ...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.