How common is pancreatitis caused by gallbladder disease or gallstones?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Has anyone experienced it and how did you recover?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I was very sick with pancreatitis in hospital soooo sick, hooked up to drips of antibiotics, and fluids, for 8 days, local Dr had diagnosed me with gastroentreritis until I started vomiting uncontrollably, that's when I went to ER. 

Admitted and treated with ultrasound machine to move the stuck gallstone, or that's what I understand happened, it moved, eight days later had surgery to remove gallbladder, during my stay in hospital shocked myself by looking in mirror one morning I was bright yellow.

No Pain at all, although I had been told some months previous I did have gallstones and would in the future need them to be removed, but considered not urgent.

On the day after surgery I was checked to see if I was diabetic, had a CAT scan of liver, I think they were surprised I was as well as I was.

Came home, and went back to work a week later, check up about 3 weeks later, and Dr said I could go back to work, looked at him in shock and said I have been at work for the last two weeks, had no on-going side effects.

Now intolerant of too much sugar, and or fat, feel really unwell, bilious, and a bit headachy, but nothing more, I am now 20 years on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.