How concerned should I be?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

Since August last year, I have been experiencing worsening discomfort under the left ribs which radiates to the back. In addition, I have a fat stool (but normal colour) around once a week. As a result, this has left me in a constant state of worry that I have pancreatic cancer as the discomfort only gets worse.

However, offsetting this I have had 3 ultrasounds, an abdominal MRI and a CT scan of the pancreas area which all report no problems. In addition, I am only 25 years old and am aware of the prevalence of the disease at this age.

Given the tests I have had, it is impossible to ask the doctors for any more tests and it is more or less being left as an unexplained disorder. 

My question is how concerned should I be as this has taken over every second of my life?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

did they do blood work?  pooping once a week is not normal if that is what you meant here and there are no "unexplained" disorders, it's just that the Drs are too lazy to do the needed research. any time they aren't willing or can't find it in their little books, they call it an unexplained illness. find someone else, something is going on.  good luck.

• Posted

I have regular stools - around 4 a day in fact. Just once a week, they are abnormally large
    • Posted

Blood work has been done and all normal so far
    • Posted

You sound totally normal in this sense.  Most of us with pancreatitis, INS, Colitis would love to be that normal. As I said get off the internet your putting fear into your life that is not necessary. Youve done the right thing by having all the tests.  

Take your good results and find some peace. 

• Posted

Dear James,

I'm sorry it has taken over your life. Fear has a way of doing that. You must be in mental agony as well as the physical pain. 

You have had several main tests that indicate you do not have cancer. Is there any consult that you can go to, to put your mind at ease? 

Why is it you are not unburdened with these good results?

I know lack of answers can be overshadowed with doubt. Hopefully you can find out the cause of your pain. 

I know having pain is a constant reminder that something is wrong. Easier said than done, but try, read, pray, to keep you from going to the most extreme. All your tests inicate you should not worry. That you should be relieved. They are results that people wish they could have. Please try to use your factual side instead of your fearful side. Maybe you know in your heart you don't have cancer. You're just petrified you might. Please don't let that take over. Tell your doctor how badly you feel. Maybe there is some way he can convince you. I hope you can start living life with peace. 

Let us know how you are doing. 

Be well, fell better, and God bless,

Sonya

• Posted

You have had the gambit of tests. If they see. I thing there is nothing to see. 

Are you drinking alcohol or smoking  ?

If so stop.  Low fat diet.  If for some reason it is pancreatitis not doing these will help.  I would stop researching on the internet !!!! Seems everyone thinks they have pancreatic cancer if they’ve done so.  Drs would have seen something if you did.  

Are they giving you any other clues what it might be?  Colitis or IBS.  There are a number of things with much less fear you probably have.  Is your Dr a GOOD GI Dr?

Wishing you luck in finding out what’s going on.  

• Posted

Don't be stressed out James. You put your organs under a lot of stress just by stressing out.

Do you drink a lot?

Have peace and joy like the Lord, Jesus said.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.