How did people go about getting diagnosed and what were their symptoms?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Wondering what everyone’s symptoms were and how they ended up getting diagnosed? After going walking with a friend the other day they reminded me of a bite I had last year that looked like a bullseye rash for a little while. Wasn’t a big rash though and I’d forgotten all about it. However would explain some symptoms I’ve had for the past 8 months or so. Extreme tiredness, sometimes have sore muscles and have fevers which docs don’t know what is causing them. Had a ct scan of chest, abdomen and pelvis and only thing that showed was some free fluid (probable from period as female). Have had blood tests but almost positive haven’t been tested for Lyme. Any info would be great! 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello Scottie13

My daughter has autism and is 19 yrs old. So, I am writing for her. I am her sole caregiver.  She got a tick bite in October 2016.  She had a bullseye rash and I also found the tick in her bed, but did not save it.  Her doctor would not run the lyme test because the bullseye rash was now just a rash and a scab.  Because she ripped open the bite with her nails.  They would not put her on a antibiotic either.  So, in Feb. 2017 I drive out of state to another doctor that was her dan doctor (Defeat Autism Now) He ordered blood test and gave us the antibiotic.  All her symptoms cleared up. (Symptoms: Headache, painful and swollen joints, missed period for 6 months, sweats, excessive thirst, not sleeping, angry/screaming over little things, and mood problems.) The only symptom that did not clear up was the Complete heart block/bradycardia/slow heart rate.  The test came back negative. It is now 2018 and she still has the complete heart block, doctors do not want to put the pacemaker on her because of her autism, she will pull at it.  I am looking into using herbs for her lyme disease that effected her heart.  I will keep you posted.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.