How did the stoplights look pre-cataract surgery?

Posted , 4 users are following.

How did the stoplights look pre-cataract surgery?  I see three of them in the affected eye.  The three light will merge into one as I drive near.  The other eye starting 2-3 weeks earlier shows lower left shadow for green light during the day and for most outside light sources during the night.  The vision is still 20/20 n that eye but I expect it to deteriorate soon.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Pre-cataract was the worst. It does get better after the surgery.  What you are seeing is because of your cataract.
  • Posted

I never had a problem with the stoplights before or after.   
  • Posted

Can’t recall exact detail of what stoplights looked like.  All lights were fuzzy pre-cataract and had a lot of glare.  Everything was out of focus - couldn’t even read street names or road signs till I was very close.

I suspect it depends on where cataract is and how mature it is.  

• Posted

My recollection was exactly like Sue An. I didn't see multiple stoplights like you are noting, just a lot of haze and glare due to the cataract. Kind of like a fuzzy ball of light.

Gone now, I see a distinct and clear stoplight with a small, fainter, halo around it in the same shape as the light source.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.