How did you feel while struggling with your gallbladder

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey guys

I have posted before asking "could this be gallbladder" but now I'm curious about something else - how did you feel while you had gallbladder? I've felt everything from heart-attack symptoms to extremely gassy, to cold sensations running from my stomach up to my chest along with the normal symptoms for GB stones but I don't look ill at all - as a matter of fact I look better than I did before I suddenly got ill. My weight also dropped drastically from 111kgs (think that's about 270 pounds) to 93kgs in less than four months. Can you share what you've been through and how you overcame it? Currently waiting for a scan, it's only happening in April, and I have already had bloods done although the results are not out yet.

3 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Have had all symptoms you mention.

But as have other gut issues hard to tell. But since gallbladder out, nocold spasms. Lost weight, which I was pleased about. Having the gallbladder removed was the best ever decision.

• Posted

Yes, a few issues after but to be expected. Body has to adjust with out gallbladder, but no regrets.
  • Posted

I go in May to tell the consultant if I want my gallbladder out or not.

I get indigestion, heartburn and acid reflux. I get headaches, cold spells and nausea which can last all day.

I get an ache in my left and right side but mostly on my left and aching discomfort in my left collarbone area.

• Posted

Wow that sounds hectic. Have you somehow managed to cope? Go to work? This all sounds quite distressing and I can completely relate what you are going through
  • Posted

It was the scan that picked mine up. I am now on a low fat  diet and do have some good days. I haven't had any bad pain like others experience so trying to way up the pro's and con's of having it removed. I have already had 5 operations on my stomach already and am worried about scar tissue building up and pain referral afterwards like others have had, plus the other things you can get by having it removed.
  • Posted

I have gallstones and am waiting to have my gallbladder removed. I have not experienced heart-attack symptoms like you but have talked to someone who experienced that with gallstones.

I have bad stomach cramps(like you get when you are constipated) and pain in my right side.

I have had several episodes since being diagnosed with gallstones at Christmas and am on a low fat diet.

Having talked to loads of people who have had gallbladder removed because of gallstones I think people's symptoms can be very different.

My friend experiences nausea but no pain.

Hope this helps.

Sarah

• Posted

Thanks everybody for your responses. It is really interesting to note that all the symptoms of Gallbladder react differently in every person - although pain on the right side of the abdomen is the only consistent thing for most people. I have never been operated on before and if the scan picks up anything it would be my first operation. I think my gb stones are starting to expel themselves because of the low fat all green veg diet I have been on for the last few months. Still I get nasty episodes of pain and pressure that come and go. Just hoping that the doctors can sort this out 

P.s. I get the cramps across my stomach now and again as well. Wowee all these strange symptoms

• Posted

Maybe I should add "splitting headaches" to this list. I am getting really bad headaches along with nausea and funny looking feaces (sorry). I can't believe I have to wait this long to confirm what is obviously a GB issue. But wait I must. How's everybody else doing?
  • Posted

Hi Tamsyn.  Sorry you've been thru all this.  It's amazing to me the variety of symptoms associated with GB.  I've had quite a few before and after surgery.  Some of the digestive ones make sense to me, but headaches and rib pain and chills I don't understand, altho I still have headaches (oddly, while I've been plagued with migraines for years, I haven't had migraines associated with GB) and during the GB illness I did get chills frequently.  I too dropped a lot of weight, mostly because I couldn't tolerate eating much of anything.  I am very overweight so that side effect has been somewhat of a blessing, but it left me malnourished and weak feeling.  There are lots of people here who have been thru the mill with this issue and will have good specific information for you as you travel this path.  Wishing you best of luck with your scan!
    • Posted

Thanks Ndm! Sorry to hear of your struggles as well. Indeed it is amazing. I can hardly believe how sick I am when just four / five months ago I was fine.
  • Posted

Hi all!!!Ive always had stomach isssues but now i wonder if its my gallbladder??? Ive had loose stools for almost four weeks and been having alot off growling and pain...Some of the pain is on right side but left side under ribs get bad...sometimes i can eat with no probs and other times im in pain..have had chest pain with it also...have any of you got a knot like feeling under your sternum??Ive had ekgs and all normal so with things getting worse im asking dr to check gb....just dont feel good and want answers...any feedback would be great....thanks
  • Posted

Hi Tamsyn.  I've had that feeling under my sternum.  I found that taking an over the counter antacid pill helped, but my gastroenterologist told me that those pills contain magnesium which can make symptoms worse and recommended something with calcium in them, like in the US we have Tums.  Check with your doc or pharmacist.  Perhaps that would help you.  People here on the board have recommended Caltrate D which is a supplement with calcium which I've been taking and I think it helps too.  Don't just act on what I've said, tho, but get some input from others as well.  I sure hope you get some relief!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.