How Did Your HS Start?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all,

I am curious about how people's HS first started manifesting. Was it isolated to just one area? If so, how long did it stay in one place for before advancing?

Best,

H

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello Hillary, mine started with just one boil underneath my armpit and a small one on my groin (looked like a razor bump at first). I'd say about 2 months later both my armpits had about 3 in each armpit. It wasn't too bad at first, they would come and go. Then I'd say maybe 5 months after everything started from my armpits my whole groin area was infected. Mine spread pretty fast. Now instead of leaving they'll stay. I take my Turmeric Tablets. Instead of them being painful boils its just more like lumps that don't bother me.

• Posted

Hi hillary I'm 29 mine started at 13 years old under arm,bum, thighs and back, as above I'm 29 and currently takin humira however I still visit the theatres at least once every 6 weeks for incision and drainage I get recurring more than new I get new lumps still under arm thighs back top of the back though, stomach and that's pretty much all that's affected But the thighs or a mess scars lumps patches from the drainages ect I hate to be baring bad news but the older I get the more and more I'm affected, I do however have polycistic ovaries and blood disorders that may contribute to my condition more than someone who would only be suffering hs But again Who knows anymore iv looked for many answers iv tried many thing I'm at a last resort now I'm In the process of trying to write up my own diet gluten, sugar yeast free.... I can not comment on the new diet side as of yet as I'm new from surgery Again only last weekend for 3 removed so I'm kinda still in the process of trying to change things around, its the worse skin condition my case my Dr as seen in the UK but there's just not enough answers iv had every medication u could imagine like I said above iv been takin humira for nearly 3 month now and I'm still visiting the emergency surgeons every 6 week 😭

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.