how do I control my herpes outbreaks

Posted , 15 users are following.

My boyfriend & I both have herpes he gave it to me.

I have had one huge out break last year the first one

I went on valacyclovir

to treat it. It went away. So I stop taking it then this year

another out break. So I had to start taking it again. He doesn't

seem to get the same out breaks like I do he says he gets just

the inching I get it all why? & he still wants to have sex like it's nothing

what can I do to help my outbreaks?. This has hurt my woman hood in so many

ways. He cheated & I become the victim with him but I get the worst

of the outbreaks please help

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hope i helped, i just use the information my doctor told me to help anyone who asks me questions. This virus happens to the best of us. Im only 17, i have my whole life ahead of me and i didn't sleep around only 2 sex partners ever and 1 of them I'm still with my current boyfriend. he didn't know he had it either and he never cheated he just picked it up unfortunately. I'm really sad but i have to move on. I'm under so much stress too. but I'm glad i can help
    • Posted

Ashley I thought I was talking to you when I reply to so unhappy or feel broken. You would know its definitely for you so read that baby let me know if you can't
  • Posted

Yes you have helped alot. I'm 39 & although I know it could have been worst I have yet to deal with it but in time I will. & you do have your whole life ahead of you. Millions don't even know they have. But at least there is alot of info & people like who can help people like me cope when we find out that we have it no matter the age. Thanks again anything extra advice or conversation feel to chat with me I thank you again.
  • Posted

I think you must go to some doctor to get the treatment for your problem.Moreover, you can find some natural therapy like natural antiseptics to get rid from your problem. 
  • Posted

My simple rules I've had it for almost 40 years yes 40! I had it before the clinics even knew how to treat it besides ointment and pills.

Number one stay clean

Number 2 stay cool

Number 3 stay dry

No tight jeans no sex and do not touch your self without gloves on. I know it itches I know it stings I know it's the worst feeling in the world when you have a bad outbreak

No friction or stress and take aspirins for fever reducing purposes 2-3 times a day if possible

I have been able to stop my outbreaks as they were forming thinking they were going to just bust through and causing a lot of trouble. Note immediately shower with cool water and hopefully don't touch it at all dab dry don't wipe it because if you do have an outbreak you may very well have one about to burst then if you you may be wiping the head off of it which allows it to burst open and all that fluid coming out of their will spread to wherever it burst open. And this is your way of dropping all the stress that is bothering you you can't afford to stress out nothing nothing is worth it. You can get outbreaks quite often in the beginning as a female I had that problem. And as time goes on I learn how to treat it myself along with some acyclivir or zovirax. The good news is the longer you have it the less outbreak should get. I have found this to be true for myself it has been 6 years since my last outbreak. And yes if I get stressed the heck out it would happen but I would have met Lee start to tint to it. Clean dry aspirin I don't care if you have to spread your legs and let the ceiling fan blow you do it cool cool. And neosporin with pain relief with gloves on hope you find this useful good luck God bless

• Posted

Rockin, did you have sex during 6 years of outbreak free? Or how you handle if you have had it. My infected guy said I need to die in bed, no sex until last min of life, all alone. 
    • Posted

Holy smokes are you kidding me? And he feels this way why?. I have never had sex with an outbreak although I have noticed I am aroused during that time. When I get stressed out I do get around it's a perfect stress reliever. But you don't have to have sex. I would not suggest it at all ever to have sex during an outbreak first of all it will cost friction that will make your outbreak worse what do you have a lot of can or whatever on it trust me you will have skin cracking around the source cutting you even further it with more problems later you do not want to have sex while you have an outbreak. I am concerned that this guy wants you to die in bed is he blaming you for this? A lot of people have terrible misconceptions it's not AIDS you guys!!!! And in answer to your question yes I had sex when I was not active is what they call it. When I am active no sex no tight clothing used cold water on my private way more than I normally would. Anyway you can't let this guy stress you out 1 of you had it and gave it to the other one we do know that. Which brings to mind is funny little thing I had happened to me in regards to an ex boyfriend of mine. He kept trying to accuse me of giving it to him. Since I know definitely I would never in danger somebody like that or with that stuff, I knew in my heart I had not given it to him but I also considered the fact that he could not look me in the eye when he was saying this. Also I consider the type of girls he hung out with. So I told him over and over you know where you got it it wasn't for me and so and so gave it to you and I repeated her name several times and he finally came clean and said yes, she did. So I made him go by myself my mother and my sister a dozen roses for troubling me with that junk! Don't question your self or second guess yourself if you have done nothing wrong. Chances are and a guy will not recognize it right away. They may confuse it with just being raw from making love too much or something like that.
    • Posted

Thank you Rockin. My case is stupid. My first outbreak was 1 year ago and I honestly didnt know about its transmission when the outbreak was gone. I had thought that everything was back to normal as my doctor didnt warn me anything. Until last 2 weeks, i met him and my 2nd outbreak was just went away (i wss not careful too). We had intimate contact but no sex. And when i got back i felt itchy and didnt think I would have it again after 1 week until he said he felt itchy and found red spots. It was not that I never care others as he blamed me but I really had no ideas honestly.

So i feel so bad esp when the speaker was him (i like him a lot). He stopped talking with me now eventhough i still want to keep contact and meet him again as both of us already got it :-P but I understand his feeling.

My curious questions are : it must be me, right?, who transmitted as he never had it before.

And if i still want to have dates or maybe casual sex but i also want to be more careful, apart from condom, do i need to take the medicines (i got valtrex 500mg 3 times a day) everyday from now on (all my life)?

Or can i just take it before I got a plan to have sex, like 1 week before or so?

Thanks again...

I wish i have a serious relationship .... Seems to be difficult now

• Posted

In the beginning I broke out a lot. But back then they weren't telling you to take suppressive therapy which is pills daily 4 yes a long time such as forever. I wasn't into that later on I was thinking for sure I know what to do I could suppress it without taking pills everyday luckily it worked out fine for me I was married to the same man for 7 years and I never had sex with him when I have an outbreak and I never told him I had it and he never got it now whether that's just luck or it was divine intervention because he would have really hurt me physically. And he knows where my mom lives still and this was back in 91. So if he had it he can sure find me and I'll say something but he doesn't have it as time went on like one of the other patient said my antibodies build up made it to where I would not break out as much and I said here today and I can honestly tell you I have not had an outbreak in six years. Thank God it's a pain in the you know what for your sake I would say yes text suppressive therapy which is every day for a while a long while just to be sure. You should @never have sex or touch yourself while you are active always wear gloves when examining yourself everything has to be just right sterile sterile sterile. Like I said take the medicine for a while see how it works. Try not to stress out tell the guy not to stress out to give him the same rules I tell everybody else keep clean keep dry and keep cool as in don't be out in the heat before having an outbreak don't be out in the heat and don't go swimming either with an outbreak. It should be so uncomfortable that you know it's there starts with a little pinch a little tingle and then later lon in my feel bruised around the whole area where it mightit it h real bad. If I were you I would not take a chance on having sex with anyone right now. Since you've had this reaction you will probably contagious for a little while sometimes it comes one right after the other right after the other they can be a very very harsh condition take care of yourself no late night partying no doing drugs you know being a good girl stay clean stay dry stay cool and calm don't wear pantyhose and slips and panties all together it's just a friction waiting to make more sores.... go see your doctor if you could keep her from taking a sample do that because there's no reason to put you through anymore junk then you need to. Chances are he may not forgive you. It's really hard for them to accept but if you all were on the same circles going to have to talk to him and tell him he honestly did not know that this was going to be a problem at this time in our relationship. And express your sincerity not that he will take your apology or anything but do your best. Remember it's not HIV but I had to have a c-section when my baby was due, because I was active I wasn't even in contractions. They said the baby could be blind or retarded I said by all means let's do a c-section. I hope this is helpful god bless you good luck anytime you need to ask me you can I won't lie to you honey I just know that you are at the beginning of it all and you have to be really really careful. Who's to say he didn't have it also? I've had a man try to blame me for giving it to him when I knew damn well I didn't because I was not active at the time because I wouldn't be making love because it hurts too bad. So don't worry honey fothe best you can. And masturbate if it helps you from being sexually active with other people for a while until you get this pattern down pat k talk to you soon thank you
  • Posted

Wow, I am sorry to hear this story. It sounds like you are under a lot of stress, which can definitely be a cause for a greater amount of outbreaks and can increase severity. I have found that living a overall healthy lifestyle and keeping my stress levels low has helped to reduce my outbreaks, and the severity. have you been using anything to treat the outbreaks when they occur? if sex is painful, I recommend using a product I just recently started using, its zinc based and has lidocain in it which acts as a pain killer or numbing agent. definitely give something like that a try. the product is called epizyn. its kind of expensive, maybe you can find a cheaper alternative. on the topic of this boyfriend though, doesnt seem like the greatest guy in the world. but really thats not my place to say, you know better who he is than anyone on this forum
  • Posted

My ex gave it to me. When I have an OB it's usually extremely short-lived (literally just 24-48 hours and then all traces disappear) and not nearly as painful as the 1st one I had in March of 2015, 8 days after having unprotected sex with my ex after the first time. I've had 4 extremely mild ones since the original diagnosis usually due to skipping this regimens for several days. I take valcyclovir 500 mg daily. I also take 1000 mg of L-Lysine daily and bump up to 3000 mg if I get prodrome symptoms or an OB a day. I'll generally take a vitamin B complex daily and add in an extra vitamin C and Zinc when I start to see signs of an OB. Watch your alcohol intake because I've noticed if I start to imbibe too much I'll start having an OB. A good sleep routine is essential and cut down on foods that are heavy in L-Argine such as chocolate, soda pop, tea and any sugary foods in general. Try to maintain healthy ways of coping with extraneous stress. I just try to listen to my body, eat a fairly well balanced diet and if I start to feel a little run down I know I need to slow down and rest and relax. My OB's since the original diagnosis have been so incredibly mild. When I do experience those pesky sores, I use tea tree oil 4 times a day and that seems to dry them up and reduce the swelling, itching and burning. Propolis ointment works well too but I have learned tea tree oil relieves the pain better. It's annoying sometimes but definitely manageable. Always inform all future sexual partners. I have and no one has turned me down yet because I take it slow and let them know well before we become intimate. It's not the terrible sentence I thought originally. Always wash your hands well when dealing with blisters and open sores.

• Posted

I’ve never posted a review for anything so here’s my story:

I was diagnosed with GH in June 2015. I got it from my ex. I was devastated and felt so disgusting. From June to December, I had about 4 outbreaks. They all got less severe. In December 2015, I went on Valtrex. Fast forward to about a week ago (December 2017), I had about 15 pills left when I got another outbreak. I was so upset because I thought the suppressive meds were working for me. I finished up the last of the Valtrex but the outbreak wasn’t gone. I tried using hydrogen peroxide topically and got no results. Finally, I bought pure Tea Tree Oil. I used about 3 drops of the oil with a little dab of coconut oil to dilute it and used it topically on my outbreaks. It cleared up in about 24 hours. I was also taking Lysine, Zinc, and Vitamin C. I was so happy. 

I hope this helps someone else. I understand herpes isn’t curable yet, but what we need to be doing is finding ways to reduce outbreaks or shorten them. 

Don’t lose hope. Life gets better. I have an amazing boyfriend now and he loves me for me and that’s all that matters. Stay strong!!

• Posted

Unrefined coconut oil with tea tree and lavander oil. Apply it whenever you feel a tingle or itch. Also drink plenty water, take good multivitamins and pray. Cotton underwear, loose fitting clothing. I'm also vegan but occasionally have cheese. THIS LIFESTYLE IS A WINNER. I did not have success with antivirals, lysine, avoiding nuts and all the foolishness that is on the internet

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.