How do I cope

Posted , 4 users are following.

I work in healthcare which puts me in a very bad spot, since I can easily contract almost everything in the world. I was always careful when it came to sex, always washing my hands etc. I was with my X fiancee for 9 years, We broke up almost a year ago. I was diagnosed with herpes on Monday September 18th, 2017. I am now so afraid of everything. I feel like damaged goods. I haven't told a soul. I just feel like my life is over. Every time I think about it, I start crying so hard. I have read some stuff when I am alone. I am ok with being alone for the rest of my life ( or so my head tells me right now). I guess I am in denial as I don't want to believe that I have herpes. I know that there are so many people that are infected. I just need to know that I am not alone as strange as that sounds.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. 

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You are not alone that's for sure. I think everyone feels that way. I know I do, I don't know how old you are but I am 60 just found out 3 mo ago I had herpes. I don't know what my life will be like the person who gave it to me knew he had herpes and didn't tell me so I am not sure I can trust , on top of that my closes friends I thought I could count on and I only told them have turned there backs on me so I am alone and I don't want to be

• Posted

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I am 49 years old, single and I have 2 kids. I honestly have no idea how I got this, or how long it has been hidden in my body. They say that you have your first outbreak about 2 weeks after contact, but I haven't had sex for over a year and it's just now showing up?

• Posted

I was with this guy off and on for 7 years. I know where he got it but it was to late. He is mad at me will not neven talk to me. I guess if he would just apologize it wouldn't be so bad I am just taking it one day ah a time

• Posted

I am sorry that he has decided not to face the facts. I am content with being alone. I don't want to destroy someone else's life over this. I don't know if I will ever be able to tell anyone. So degrading.

• Posted

I don't want to spend the last year's of my life alone but I too don't want to mess up someone life either. I am scared to even kiss anyone So I guess I will be alone I can no I will survive

• Posted

My Dr's office called me today wanting to schedule a pap smear. I was so defensive. Like haven't you given me enough bad news?

As for being alone, I like having my freedom to come and go as I please and not have to answer to anyone. And like you said one day at a time. What else can you do?

• Posted

So true what else can we do. You know the saying karma's a B***H well this guy had a stroke a month after all this

• Posted

Wow that's crazy.

I could either let this take me down and give up on my life, or I can try and understand this and do what I have to do to stay safe and have some sort of life. I will not let this define who I am as a person.

• Posted

One day at a time .... Have faith.........You are young and a cure is found say next year Who knows but we can make it for sure. I will stay around just to prove to him that he can't destroy me!!!!!!

• Posted

Thank you so much, I am glad that we chatted. I am so hoping for a cure but with how many people have this, I don't feel that a cure is even being worked on.

• Posted

You are welcome I am glad to have found this site. It has helped me out a lot. Just to know we are not alone someone else to chat with ....... Good luck ,take care My friend
  • Posted

If you've never had an outbreak and were only diagnosed by blood test, then that's not necessarily conclusive. The blood tests vary a lot in their accuracy, so it depends on the exact type of blood test you had done and how you scored.

• Posted

I have had swabs and blood work done. My swabs have come back positive but I don't have my results from the blood test yet. I just had my first outbreak over the past few weeks.

• Posted

I was recently just diagnosed with hsv2, I've been reading a lot of post on this forum and they are all so helpful, I feel disgusting, all I've done is cry, I'm not sure what to even do with my life now, I have a 6 year old daughter and I'm so scared for her! 

• Posted

First thing you are not disgusting!!!!! None of us are. Yes I felt that way too but not for long. Like they say I put my big girl panties on ..... I couldn't feel sorry for myself if I had I would've been in big trouble. My doctor was really great we talked for a long time not many doctors would take the time do do that but she did it really helped to have her beside me.Then I found this group and that really was a big help. Anytime day or night someone is there to chat with helping others try to understand what to do or not .If you have read the first part of this discussion you know I am a lot older . wiser maybe but we can handle this .Your little girl will be just fine you just have to be more careful you can do that. Have faith in your self....

• Posted

JJ55 is right. Yes this is horrible that we have. Sometimes even after I shower I still feel dirty. I will tell you what your going to do with your life. You are going to talk to professionals, doctors, nurses, councilors , then you will read everything you can get your hands on about herpes. Soon you will learn what you need to learn to help you and your daughter live as close to a normal life as you can. Why do I know your going to do this? Because it's the next step that you will take. I still cry over this. I know it's going to be an uphill battle but you have now found a support system and that is us. We are all going through this,some have kids ( I do) and some don't. We are all here to help each other, please don't be afraid or ashamed to ask questions. That is the only way your going to learn.

• Posted

I agree 100% unabletograsp need to tell it like it is!!!!We going to cry,cuss,laugh,& pray together..... life goes on WITH US.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.