how do i cope with NEAD

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello everybody my name is tony, i am from manchester and i have NEAD.  i have had the condition for 4 years now and i still find it difficult to live with on a day to day basis i have lost a lot of friends becouse they are scard to help me becouse of my seizures, which i know can be dificult to see but its more difficult to have them, also i have lost my job because i worked in a kitchen cooking but becouse i have fits every day

they had to let me go.  i have lost my girlfriend becouse she couldnt keep helping me as she had 2 kids and a full time job so i dont blame her i just want to know what i can do to help me live and cope with this.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tony 

Sorry to hear about your situation,

I start having seizures ( out of the blue) on the 6th of Dec 2016. I have to stop working as I'm plumber and need to drive.

I just receive my appointment letter this morning to see a psychiatrist for advice and treatment.

Have been seen by a psychiatrist? if not, please ask your GP for a referral ( I hear they are very good in treating NEAD.

• Posted

yes ive seen my phycologist but it has done nothing for me nothing has changed but i see my gp next week si i will chat about stuff to him but i really apprecate your advice and i hope you can find the phycotherapy helpfull it is a verry hard illness to live with and understand 

• Posted

Tony 

please take it easy and try to do things you that will make you happy or things that you enjoying doing!

• Posted

It is a difficult condition to deal with but there is help available if you can get help from your doctor.
    • Posted

yep if you can get the help from your Gp.  I have to wait for 3 months before i can see the Dr !  
  • Posted

I'm sorry it will take so long for you to see your gp but I don't know what else would help. I would hope that nead might have been helpful.

• Posted

sorry for the misunderstanding, I was talking about seeing the psychiatrist is taking 3 months 
  • Posted

Dear Tony,

You will have these seizure for the rest of your life, sad to say. I have had my seizures for three years now. They are upsetting. I have had them in many places. I have a warning when I see plusing green but not always. I have had all the tests and have been label NEAD. Take courage life goes on...live moment to moment for that is all we can do. Be happy you are not epilictive. The meds have terrible side effects.

• Posted

Its difficult to deal with at first but if you can write down in a journal/diary when the attacks happen you might begin to see a pattern emerge. Talk to your GP too.
  • Posted

It's difficult to deal with, however talk to your GP and friends and family.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.