How do I cope with the excrutiating pain

Posted , 14 users are following.

Diagnosed over a year ago with Cervical Spondylosis (or Degenerative Disc Disease as my doctor calls it).   I have little or no life now.   I have had every medication they can think of.   Only thing that worked was morphine with a concoction of other meds i.e. diazepam, paracetemol, anti-sickness tabs etc, Only problem is morphine has to be increased on a regular basis.   Now on 60mg tabs twice daily with oramorph 3-4 times daily.   I get very little relief from pain which rules my life.   I am at my wits end.   Doc now want me to try tablet called Duloxetine 60mg whcih is used for neuro pain in diabetics but I have read it has terrible side effects.   I am afraid to try it.   Has anyone else been prescribed this and did it help the pain.   I am also seeing private doc but so far it is not helping.   I am often screaming with the pain in my neck and even when it calms down a bit I am left with severe pain in both arms, shoulders and hands. Depression sets in often as I am unable to do any of the things I used to.   I cannot lift anything heavy (even my little grandson) .  Any form of housework is a no no and my social life is almost nil.   I had my driving licence revoked from DVLA because I am on so much morphine (could hardy drive anyway because of the pain). Although I am 67 up until a year ago I had a very active social life with only severe headaches.   Now my pain rules my life.   Good to find this site and let off a bit of steam as not many people understand this type of pain (Ihave had two children and childbirth was nothing compared to this kind of pain).Would be good to talk to others and find out if anything helps their pain.   Been to pain clinic and physio neither of whom could help me.  I feel I have been abondoned by NHS.   My doctor is sypmathetic but is struggling to help me.   Tried ice, heat, baths lidocaine patches (even an alcholic drink on occasion) but nothing helps.   Anyone out there help me please?   

3 likes, 112 replies

112 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Arran,

all I can offer is sympathy,I too suffer from CS,nowhere near as severe as your self,but it does get on my nerves;it is good to talk with fellow sufferers.I always think,"what have I done to deserve this"and then think a lot of people are in a far worse state with life threatening conditions,so I suppose I am not to bad.

Good luck in the future and bst regards.

• Posted

Hi Benggo

Thanks for your reply.   I do know there are people out there a lot worse off than myself but when I'm rolling about in agony I do feel sorry for myself and just want the pain to go away.   I always think "if I can just stand this for another two days it will go away".   The pain seems to get worse every few weeks and it takes 2-5 days to ease off.   Then it takes me another few days to be able to get out of bed, move around and start to eat again.   I just seem to be getting over one bout when another one starts.   It's never ending!   I try to enjoy life inbetween but its not easy.   Thanks for replying.  Best regards

Arran103

• Posted

Hi Arran103 Its nice to meet you and welcome you. This is a great place because everyone on here understands what it is like to have chronic pain. I too have CS but by no means as severe as yours is. I really feel for you because to be in pain constantly is bad enough but to go through what you are going through is horrendous.

I do hope you can find something that will give you some respite, I'm afraid I can't advise you of anything to help you as tyou seem to have tried much stronger pain meds than I have yet.

I have real problems sleeping and have on some occasions had to resort to being propped up in bed like you. However when lying down I can only bear one pillow.

I hope someone comes along that can help you more than I can at the moment, but do keep posting and letting us know how you are getting on, and remember we don't mind if you just want to have a moan or a rant.

Take care hun xxx

• Posted

Hi Kats56

thank you so much for replying to my "rant".  Its great to know that there are people on here who can identify and give me some encouragement, no matter how little.   It doesn't matter whether you can help or not, at least you are there for me when I can't cope.Past few days were bad.   Felt as though my head and neck were going to explode, then came the arm pain which feels as though someone is trying to saw my arms off- horrendous pain which I can't explain to anyone - and no amount of meds including morphine really works.   It just makes me sleep which is a bonus as when i'm asleep I have no pain.   Today has started off  bit better and i'm hoping it will continue that way and allow me to do at least a little normal stuff like housework.   Been told it doesn;t matter what I do, the pain will come anyway as it is due to a build up of fluid which presses on nerves and it won't go until it feels like it!   So absolutely nothing I can do to stop it.Will keep trying though.  I don't give up easily.   Seeing a chiropractor but after six treatments and £200 lighter it doesnt seem to be helping so thinking of seeing a friend who does Bowens (kind of acapuncture without needles).   It has a good write up on NHS and although it won't take pain away totally it may help to relax my body. Doc wants me to take a drug called Duloxetine which is used for diabetics for pain and is alo an anti-depressant.   Have you heard of it?   I am afraid to add another drug to my collection of 30 pills a day plus morphine.   Don't want any more side effects as I can hardly cope as it is.   So for now, I have not started it.  Again, thanks for writing.   Am so glad I found this site.Please keep in touch.   It gives me a lift no matter if you can't help and gives me something to look foward to.

Thank for thinking of me

Arran103

• Posted

Hi kats56

It has been a while since i have heard from you so just a quick post to see how you are doing?Are you still working and if so how is it going? Have you been away anymore since the last time we wrote to each other miss your posts as i like to keep in touch with you to see how you are doing? I  hope you got sorted with your x rays and work!!! As we said it is good to come and let off a bit of a rant/ moan and ramble now and again!! so please dont leave it to long before you get in touch again and let ne know how you are doing  So take care hun and  hope to hear from you soon jeanette  xxx 

• Posted

Hi kats56

It has been a while since i have heard from you and i hope everything is alright with you? Are you still working and if you are how is it going?Have you been to your caravan lately if so i hope you had good weather and you are well rested?I have not been to good usual aches and pains.I have been suffering from breathlessness and went to see GP mine was on holiday and seen another in the practice he did not tell me but when my own GP came back he told me thought i had heart failure!!!That was what was making me breathless!!!! but i am a bit better now and getting my breath back.I do hope i hear from you soon as i have all those questions lol so heres hoping to get a post from you soon

take care hun jeanette xxxrolleyes 

• Posted

>> Arran103: I do know there are people out there a lot worse off than myself but when I'm rolling about in agony I do feel sorry for myself and just want the pain to go away.

Hell is hell, no matter how you get there.

• Posted

Hi Michael b

I so agree with you and "hell" is the only way you can decribe this pain.   Today has started off a litle better - only arm pain and a little in neck - so hoping I can have some sort of "normal" day and even catch up on some household chores although will take it easy.  I know the feeling of just wanting the pain to go away.  I shout to God to take it away at times but obviously he has given me this for a reason - but I can't understand why.So good to talk to people on here and know you are not alone in your "hell".   Keep in touch.

Best wishes

Arran103

• Posted

Hi All

Just thought I would tell you I actually had TWO HOURS with no pain at all last night! A miracle for me.   This morning I have managed to do a little light housework athough pain is back. Got a busy week with hospital appointments, chiropracter and a few social events so hope If I take it easy I might just manage to do them all.  Especially the social events   I so need to get dressed up and go out every so often, even though I'm drugged up to the eyeballs and my Lidocaine pataches don't match my outfit (they are white and on my neck and arms so very visible)!   Sorry guys its a woman thing!   We like everything to match.   One youngster thought they were to help me stop smoking!   They measure 6 inches by 5 inches and I wear three at a time!   At least it gave me a laugh.Hope you all have a pain free weekend.  I will try my best to enjoy what I can this week.   Keep in touch please.  Your posts, even if they are grumps are keeping me going and giving me something to look forward to every day.

Best wishes to you all

Arran103

• Posted

Hi Arran103

so pleased to hear you have at last had a slight respite from your pain if only for a couple of hours!! But as i am aware every little helps! And at least you get some small rest from it and I hope you have a good weekend and you manage to get dressed up and feel good because as i say you always feel better when you have you get dressed up even if your patches dont match your outfit!! Ihave had mine that long i forget i have them on and sometimes when i change them i have a white spot on my arms where the old one was LOL!!  grab the free pain couple of hours with both hands and enjoy your weekend you deserve it as does every one so have a good one and i will keep on posting grumps and what ever else comes up!!!rolleyessmilewink take care and hope to  read your posts soon xx jeanette

• Posted

Hi Jaeanette43594

Had a good sleep last night but pain is back big time.  It's lunch-time and haven't managed to wash or dress yet.   Pottered about doing little bits of housework until pain got too bad.   Partner off on a day's shooting so have time to myself to do very little if I don't feel like it.  I's good that he has his hobbies as it takes him away from me and my grumpy days and gives him time for him (although he never complains bless him). Covered in ice packs at moment  (it helps sometimes), reading my kindle.   Partner's turn to make dinner tonight so I can totally rest up.   Hoping to go to dance class tomorrow night if i am up to it (even if I just have one dance with my partner) so I can get dressed up and chat to friends which takes my mind off the pain.  Sometimes I get a couple of pain free hours later at night so hoping that will happen- and yes I do so enjoy that wonderful feeling of having no pain!  My daughter coming round later to give me a hand to have a bath.  Too painful today to do it on my own.   I feel safer if someone's there.  Off to have my lunch-time pills and hope the pain subsides a bit.  Thanks for keeping in touch, no matter what you have to say.  It gives me something to look forward tosmile.  Hope things are ok with you.

Arran103 xx

• Posted

Hi Arran 103

Yes it is good for them to have own hobbies mine is the same bless  them!!! Not doing to much sons and grandchilren not here today (day off)lol hope you can have a dance with partner (i miss that) mind you hubby says i could not dance in first place!!!! (cheek?) hubby has to be there for me i suffer with dizzyness  just to make me feel a bit  safer some times he has to wash my hair cant reach up. Not to bad today had bad night cant sleep at best of times didnt go to bed till 2 30 up again at the crack of dawn!!!hardly slept with pain.Have you tried heat i have the animals that you put in microwave (granddaughters) that sometimes helps.I have always had pain not a day goes by when i am pain free and getting worse but i have lived with it all my life so you could say i dont know what it is like to be pain free.I hope your pain free days/hours are are getting more and you have found some form of relief that is working for you well enjoy your dance even if it is just one i think it does you good to get dressed up and it helps if you have good friends but sometimes they dont understand what you are going through because you cant see what is wrong with you?well enough of me rambling on (again) take care jeanette xxrolleyes        

• Posted

Hi Jeanette

Thanks for your reply.   Bad day today.   Danced last night maybe just a wee bit too much but I wa so enjoying myself.  Pain doesn't usually kick in big time until next day and that's just what it has done. It is so hard to just sit there and not dance!  Also had mamogram done yesterday. Although they were careful with my arms whe placing them on machine it did hurt . I think a combination of that and dancing and today my neck and arms feel as though they are about to explode.   Moan over!!!!   Sitting at breakfast with ice pack on neck and heat pad on arms.   I use a combination of both as chiropractors said it would help.   Don't know whether it does or not but I try anyway.   Had dose of oramorph half n hour ago and will have morphine tablet in another hour so hopefully they will kick in soon.   Feel like curling up back in bed and feeling sorry for myself but have appoinment with chripractor this morning.   Hope she can help although afer 7 sessions It doesn't seem to be helping.   Think I will start Bowens therapy (my friend does that) and see if that helps.   In a bad way this morning after such a good day yesterday but that's the way it goes as you probaly know. So good to talk to someone who understands my ranting.  Was hoping to do a little cothes shopping after treatment as I don't often get chance to get out to shops but will have to see how pain goes.   Wanted a warm kind of bed jacket for when I sleep in bed sitting up at night to save wearing dressing gown all time as I have to wash it too often.  However, we'll see how pain goes.   Looks like it might be a quiet day on couch with heat pads and plenty meds.Keep in touch.  Feel as though I am writing a blog but it gets it all out.  Hope your day is better than mine although I know you said you are never pain free.  It's hellish having to live like that.  Don't know if I'll eve get used to it.   I'm fighting it all the time. I don't ask for much - just a pain free day now and then.By the way my friends at dancing are brilliant.   Altthough they don't fully understand, they are very sympathetic and keep in touch all the time which gives me a boost.   Keep in touch.   Hope your dayis better than mine.

Take care

Arrranneutral  xx

• Posted

Hi Jeanette

Hope this finds you having as good a day as you can.   Just had 3 really bad days.   Pain horrendous.Didn't make my dance last night but hoping to make concert tonight and another dance Saturday if I can get myself a bit better by then.   So tired of this horredous pain and crying and feeling sorry for myself all the time. Not going back to chiropractor as she only seemed to make pain worse.   Decided to try Bowens - hopefully that will give me a little relief.  Also decided to try Duloxetine tablets which have been sitting looking at me in  my medicine box for two weeks.   Doc prescribed them but I am scared to take them.   So...........since I don't have anything urgent next week apart from one hospital appointment I'm going to give them a go.   Might be too spaced out next week to write on  here!!!!    Tired of this hell we have to go through.   Desperate for one good week without pain so I can enjoy life even just a little. There - moan over!   Anyone else feel like a good moan - feel free - it's good to let it all out!   Take care Jeanette and keep writing.   Yor words of wisdom help.

Carolxxx

• Posted

Hi  Carol

Had  a worse night than usual. I know what you mean about the tablets i was like that with with morphine!! It kept shouting at me (a bit like alice in wonderland) it kept saying try me try me!!! LOL But i did take it and it does very little for me where the pain is concerned. I keep saying i would give hubbys back teeth for even a day without pain but he still has them and i still have the pain!!! I can sympathise when you say you feel sorry for yourself i have been there i have also felt guilt because son has same condition as me and had the same operation and now he is having very bad pain!!! (But they said it is not hereditary) chiroprators are no good for trying to ease the pain  they make it worse.I have tried accupuncture no good for me!! this site has been a god send as you say  even if it is just for a moan or to let some steam off about anything.Let  me know how Bowens go must admit cant say i have heard of it or i cant remember hearing about it.I hope it goes well for you when you try your tablets and they give you some relief of your pain.  sorry did not make your dance as you were looking forward to it well hopefuly when you try the tablets they will help and you can look forward to going again to have a bit dance!!how did the concert go? Well take care of yourself and hope to read your next post (moan over)LOL jeanettexx

• Posted

Hi Jeanette

Not been able to write for some days as been in "hell" for several days.   Tried the Duloxetine after suffering horrendous pain for three days but unfortunately I had a bad reaction to them immediately.   I was sick 12 hours solid with diaorrhea and had to call doctor out to give me injections.   Just recovering now and beginning to eat a little.   On top of that pain kicked in big time so it was not a good week all in.   I have just decided not to go back to chiropractor as it isn't helping.   I am going for Bowens treatment in a few weeks time.   NHS give it a good write up and my friend who does the therapy works for them at a local hospital so there must be someting in it..It's a bit like acapuncture without needles.   I will let you know how it goes.   Managed the concert but not the dance.   At least I got to go out once!   Feeling very fragile at the moment and taking it very easy.   My whole system feels as though it has gone through a washing machine and come out in bits!   Hope you are feeling a bit better.  I had a real good cry when I discovered my hands were so weak and shaky I couldn't even take my pills myself and had to get my partner to give me a bath and wash my hair.   Feeling bit better now and on the way up again hopeully ready for the next round.   So good to be able to let it all out on here.   I try hard not to let my partner see me upset but it's difficult.   I know it must be difficult for him to see me like that.OK that's my moan over for today.   Hopefully nex time I'm on I'll be in a better frame of  mind and health.

Take care

Carol xxx

• Posted

Hi Jeanette

Been doing some research and come across a drug called Tapentadol or Nucynta which is used for nerve pain.   Some people seem to have good results.   It is an opiod so would have to come off morphine.   Wondering if you have heard of it or anyone else for that matter. Wondered if it would be worth while asking my doc about it.   Just a thought.  Always on the lookout for an answer to our never ending pain.

Take care

Carol xx

• Posted

Hi carol

Sorry for not  replying sooner but had trouble with internet not letting me send emails and freezing not very good with laptops still learning LOL!!Was one of those days yesterday were nothing seemed to be going right first took a dizzy turn in chemist (thought i was going to faint) pharmacist came to see if i was ok(only times i used to faint was when i was pregnant)gave hubby a shock!!!eek I wonder if it is the same family as tramadol? wonder if it is better than morphine mine has just been upped by consultant. Glad you got to the concert but sorry to hear you were really sick off the tablets. Once you are that bad it can take a couple of wks before you feel better.  I always think chiropractors are no good for some as it can make it worse.looking forward to hearing about Bowens to see if it  does any good! I tried accupuncture no good for me!! Please try and not get to down i know how hard that is more so when you cant even  wash your hair/take tablets!! so if you come on here you can have a good moan and noone will one little bit because basically we are in the same posistion so feel free!!! I hope you can go to a dance again even if it is just for a look out and catch up with friends it does you good! Well enough of me rambling on so stay safe and take care jeanette xxxrolleyes

• Posted

Hi Jeanette

Sorry to hear about your fainting fit.   It's something I've never really experienced except when really ill and trying to get out of bed or to the loo.   Still recovering from effects of new tablet although a lot better.  My whole body is bushed although hopefully I will go to my dance class tonight and have at least one dance.   Tomorrow night my 15 year old grandson has a prize award so hoping to be fit enough to go to that.  Not sure if the new drug I mentioned - Tapendtadol is of the same family as Tramadol- if so it won't be much use cos I've tried tramadol and for me it's like taking sweeties!   Maybe my body has got too used to stronger drugs.Sorry to hear your morphine has been upped.  Mine was upped about a month ago,   Trying so hard not to keep getting dosage increased as it scares me.   I take 60mg slow release night and morning and oramorph 10mg as required - between 1 -4 times daily.   How much morphine do you take.   I also take 8 - 500mg paracetemol which I feel is a bit much and I don't really know why I'm taking it.   Bit scared about effects on liver with all these meds but what is the alternative?   Also take 3 anticikness pills and 12mg diazepam spaced throughout the day.   Also take three other drugs for asthma and inhaler.   Just written  list of my meds for my partner cos it scared me other day when I couldn't concentrate enough to sort them into containers for week and I kept dropping them.   Now at least he has a list of what I take and when so can do it for me if needed.   Makes me feel a bit better.   I go for Bowens on 22nd September so will let you know how that goes.   As she is a friend she is giving me a few treatments free to see if it helps first which is kind of her. Feeling bit more up today.   Hope it continues and that you have a good few days.   It makes such a difference to get a good few days.   Gives you a boost.   Keep in touch.   It's good to hear from you.

Carol

xx

• Posted

Hi Carol

pleased to hear you are feeling a little bit better itry not to take to much because it just muddle my head and it does nothing for the pain.well i take 2  20mg morphine  patches  twice a week  and then i take 10mg 4times a  day of liquid oramorph  and more if and when needed then i take 2 pregabaline twice a day  and then i self medicate with anadin liquitabs with ibufrin (consultants advice) so well and truly spaced!!!eek I cant take diazapan or tramadol  (ulcer) the rest of my medication is just like taking sweeties!! As you say i dont like taking all this medication but what is the other choices? I do hope you can go to grandsons prize award and that you can and will go to the dance! Cant remember the rest of the tables that i have triedand cant take or that it did nothing for the pain well take care and hope you enjoy the prize  award  and the dance

keep in touch and hope to hear from you soon jeanette xx

• Posted

Hi Jeanette

Thanks for your reply.   think I might ask my doc for morphine patches.   I take Lidocaine patches 3 every twelve hours almost constantly but don't know if they really help - just take edge off pain.  I feel if I take more than 4 doses of oramorph I get sick and my doc says when I reach having to use it 4 times daily it is time to up the morphine slow relase tab so it is a catch 22 situation.   I think all the docs do is trial and error with each individual patient   It's so frustrating when they can't find anything that will give you at least a few days a week pain free.   There are some tabs I can't take because I have asthma so anti-inflammtory is out as it brings on asthma attack big time.   Don't think I'll make gandson's award tonight as I am in real pain.  I danced last night - a bit too much but I was so enjoying myself.   Suffering for it today.   Got a dance on Saturday so hoping to rest up this week and get my glad rags on and at least go, even if I can't dance much.   My friends all encourage me to go and tell me they admire me for making the effort which gives me a huge boost.   Must admist it is nice to put on a pretty dress, get my hair done and the make-up to cover the cracks and black circles under mye eyes but it does take a lot of effort and I have to do  nothing that day befoe I go.   Anyway afraid it's a dressing-gown day today, plenty meds and just potter about and do what little I can.   At least I can come on here and have a rant.   Makes me feel less sorry for myself.   As you say, I feel a lot of my meds are like taking sweeties.   I don't really think 8 paracetemol a day helps me at all.Will ask doc about them too.   I am sure he hates it when he sees me walk into his surgery.  Poor man does his best and he is a good doc and sympathetic but I think he is out of his depth with me.   Might suggest he sends me back to pain clinic but they really were not much use as I had already tried all the meds they suggested.  They gave me chilli pepper cream at one poiint which almost burned the skin off me.   Told me I had to use it for four weeks to get any effect.   After one week my arms and neck were raw and the pain was horrendous so I had to stop.   They actually expected me to keep on for the four weeks.   think I would have been in hospial long before four weeks period was up.   They do come up wth some strange things.   I think they use us as guinea pigs at times.   Anyway Jeanette I do go on a bit.  I love to write (have written a couple of books but never tried getting them published.)   I find being on computer too long now really hurts my hands and arms so have given up writing for now.   Keep in touch.   Love hearing from you.   Have a good day if you can.

Carol xx

• Posted

Hi Carol

sorry you are having a bad day but look at it this way you get to stay in your dressing gown it is different from a duvet day abd you get to rest!!! which is what you want. My pain consultant always said do a little do not go mad with housework/gardening or anything else it is not what you cant do it is what you can do little and often and who am i to go against him!!! LOL!! I have been on lidocane done nothing was forever taking it. sorry you cant make grandsons award but you have got another dance coming up and you will enjoy it. My GP is the same really good but he must shake his head when he sees my notes on his desk(if he can lift them)LOL Icant read as much as i want to or go on the laptop hurts neck/arms shoulders and everywhere else!! It feels good to havea bit of a ramble now and again  never heard of chilli cream thats a new one on me? I would not have done it for that long!! well that is my ramble for today and i hope you get to your dance and you feel better tomorrow

So take care  jeanette xx

• Posted

Hi Jeanette

Anoher dressing gown day.  Daughter phoned and youngest grandson told me had had new roller skates.   I told him I would love to see them but he appeared five minutes later!   I didn't mean right then!   So I coped with him best I could.  He wanted to draw, play in the garden with the leaves, play the guitar, play my partner's X-Box in fact everything.   I am exhausted with trying to keep up with him.  He's gone now to nursery school.   I love him to bits but on my bad days its hard to cope.   Resting up a bit now til I can get on top of pain.   True what you say, do what you can do and not what you cant do.   Its a nice day here so after my shower maybe I can just sit in the garden.   Housework and washing up to date and eating out of freezer tonight so nothing drastic to do, except a little ironing later if I am up to it.   Have taken on board what you say about Lidocaine and will see my doc soon to see about  some changes to medication although quite what I don't know and he possibly doesn't either.!  Kept myself busy yesterday adjusting a new dress for our Big Dance in October which I hope i am ok to attend.   We also have haloween Dance on 1st November so I pottered about trying to think up an outfit and rummaged in cupboards to see what I could come up with. Got some ideas so bit by bit will gather stuff together and hopefully make the Haloween Dance.   It's little things like that that keep me sane and give me something else to think about rather than my pain and feeling sorry for myself.Hope you are having a good day.   It' s a bonus when  you can a have a day with very little pain.  You have obviously learned to cope better than me cos unfortunately you have had to deal with the pain for such a long time.   I am on just over a year down the line since the real pain kicked in and am still finding new ways to help myself.   Hopefully I'll be able to cope better as time goes on.  Got ice-pack on neck just now, then will change to heat. Already had morphine so hoping pain will ease soon.   Such a lovely sunny day today so will make the effort, have partner give me my daily massage (gentle but it does help), have my shower and then hopefully sit in the sun for a while.   Take care Jeanette.  you are an inspiration to me and help me to keep going knowing i'm not alone in this.

Carol

xx

• Posted

Hi Carol

grandchildren are lovely to see but are lovelier still when they go more so when you are not feeling to good with pain!!LOL Like mine they have just gone home one is nearly 1 (oct the 1st) and the other is three and at nursery!! and now just sitting in the peace and quite hubby out as well.Have you tried to take some pain killers before you start and do anything? We are dining out tonight(fish shop)LOL What kind of dance do you go to? I think what  it is i dont know any different other than pain, when you are young you cope different you shrug it off and get on with what ever you are doing but when you are older body is not what it was.What have you got in mind for halloween for your dress? Never feel sorry for having a dressing gown day it sometimes makes you feel just that bit better!! Hope you enjoy the sun been a bit overcast here as we were hoping to go away for a few days as we have a motorhome but hopefully it might be better next week if not going away in oct for  w/anniversary. Hope your GP finds other  Medication to at least ease your pain a little bit. All of us on this site dont ask a lot just a bit of respite  from the pain not a lot to ask is it?

Well take and look for to your next post and what you are doing for halloween take care   jeanette xxrolleyes

• Posted

Hi Jeanette hope you managed ot get away for a few days.  weather here  has been dry and fairly warm although not always sunny.   Had a day yesterday when I did absolutely nothing and boy did I benefit from it!   My pain was very low level and I only needed 1 oramorph all day!   I felt so good I went to a meeting at night (daughter took me partner picked me up as it is in another town).  I use to go to these meetings every week but now I can't drive its difficult for me.  If someone is  available to take me I go as often as I can - usually at least once every 3 weeks.  I really enjoyed myself last night and met up with people I hadn't seen for a while.It really gave me a boost.   And this morning pain is still low level so hoping to get to dance tonight.   Life is so different when the pain is not as bad.  Head is clear and feeling so good I can't believe it.  However, I know that following a "good" spell there usually comes a  really bad spell where the pain is off the scale.   Trying not to think about that and enjoy these few days.  Hope you had your few days away and can go again in October.   Good that you have a motorhome as it will be just like home from home and when you are not feeling too good it will be easy for you to relax.  Not good if you are ill and away from home.   All you want is your own bed and own surroundings.   We have timeshare for 4 weeks in Ibiza in July.  I am usually not too bad there as the heat helps and I do absolutely nothing.   This year I had two bad spells but at least we were in our own apartment and  I could rest up until it passed.  We also have friends there who are really supportive which helps.   Hope you are doing ok.  Keep in touch.

Carol

xx

• Posted

Hi Carol

managed to go for three days did not do a lot down side to having a motorhome left car at home so if we wanted to go anywhere we had to go by bus (not used to that) as cant walk very far so just relaxed weather was ok  seen my own GP last week about dizzyness getting worse got a shock as the GP who i saw when my GP was off had wrote on my notes thought i had heart faliure (nearly did when my GP told me)LOL!!! going to cyprus next year for sons wedding so looking forward to that. Anyway must apologise for not replying sooner had to have a dongle so slow!! and hardley any signal so three days and no tv lovely.Must tell you about this cream i bought hubby from atharitise shop (he suffers terrible with it)in his hands and feet (joints) as most nights he cant sleep for the pain but he has been using it for two days twice a day and he says so far it has eased it tremendsly !!! It is called FLEXISEQ and you get it from the Artharitise shop and it did have a good write up from people who had used it!! Anyway as you say when you are bad you want your own home.I am so pleased you have had at last some good days it makes life a lot better  so now you just have to learn to do just a little it does take a while to get used to it it also lifts your spirits up hope you got to go  to the dance and enjoyed it? hopefully there will be more good spells for you.we will have the car in OCT. and do not do a lot of cookingsmile  Please you went to the meeting it does you good to go when you are feeling better. Well thats enough of me rambling on (again) and looking forward to your next post hpe it is not to long

take care  and keep in touch jeanette xxrolleyes    

• Posted

Hi Jeanette

Glad you had a few days away although the public transport would be a no no for me.  Haven't written for a while as  lot has been happening.   First of all I have had two treatments of Bowens.   First one I was in horendous pain but I hink I was due a a biggy pain wise as it hits me bad every six to eight weeks.  Anyway after the pain I had a good few days - did without oramorph for one whole day - a first for me!   Second day I only needed one so I had a few days almost pain free which was a bonus.   I had my second treatment yesterday and again the pain has kicked in big time.   Hoping it will calm down and give me another few days without oramorph.   Not sure if it is really going to work but will try three treatments then give it a rest and see how I am.   Do you think FLEXISEQ would work for my nerve pain?   if so I would try it.   Well the good side to things are we have bought a little puppy (don;t get it until next week as it s too young yet).  I am really excited.  I've had cats before but never a dog and this little beauty is a cross breed called a Cavatzu which is just a tiny ball of fur.   Everyone says it will help me when I'm, down and seemingly this breed likes to give lots of cuddles so can't wait until it arrives next week.Perhaps it will encourage me to walk with it as walking is the only excercise I am allowed to do.   Ken will give me a hand when I'm to ill.  He is really looking forward to it too.   We have also bought an adjustable bed not just for me but for Ken as he has back problems which come and go.   So lots to look forward to which has given me a wee boost.   Hope your holiday in October helps you especially as you are taking the car this time.   I can't drive now so have to rely totally on Ken and my daughter wherever I go.   I am too sore to use use public transport, especially the waiting around. Taking it easy this week. Have ordered loads of things for the puppy from Amazon as its easier than walking round shops for me.  Just hoping I have done the right thing and it will help me and take my mind off my pain.   f I don't hear from you I know you are off on holiday so have a lovely peaceful pain free time and get in touch when you get back.  I should have lots of puppy stories by then to make you laugh.hopefully.Take care.  It's good to hear from you.  don't worry too much about the doc saying you have heart failure.   He could be wrong and it may be something totally different but pursue it with your own doc when you can for your own peace of mind.  I get dizzy spells but I know its just my meds and the morphine and my body is totally toxic by now.  xx

Carol

xx

• Posted

Hi Carol

I am so jealous of you getting a puppy we had a dog we ot her as a puppy (8wks old) she was 17 when she died 2yrs ago and as you say she will be there for you no matter what.She will also help you get out and walk it when you can!!  Public transport was not to bad just outside of site and did not have far to walk and doped up on painkillers!!! I have  come to the conclusion it will not beat me mad (yet)!!! I am pleased you had a few pain free and you had no need for oramorphsmile  Malcolm(hubby) said first couple of days he felt a difference but he said no change now he has really bad hands and feet so it might work? We bought a bed with memory foam matress and hubby not keen on it so we had to buy a matress topper and it is lovely only downside is i can hardly get in bed now LOL!!! My GP said nothing to worry about we will be going away this weekend for a few days (anniversary)!!! lets hope Bowens will do you some good again it is trail and error to find something that works for your pain.Look forward to hearing all about your new puppy have you picked a name yet for her?Dizzyness getting worse and do not drive very often as it hurts neck and back and the rest!!! Hope the Bowens goes well for you you will have to let me know how it goes.Take care i have rambled on for too long and enjoy your puppy xx jeanette xxrolleyes

• Posted

Hi Carol

I hope this quick post finds you ok? Did you get your puppy and if you did i hope it getting you out for a while? I am not to bad at the moment malcolm not too good he has arthiritis in hands and feet got to go and see about it for his hands he is going for injections have not told him about them because he does not like hospitals!!! Only down side is i will have to drive him to darlingtonso i hope i am having a better day than i have been having if not will have to ask son dont like to because he has to work even though he works for himself.He has just set it up not long ago and he has a good few clients already.He is on that checkatrade site!!How did the Bowens go for you? Have you been to your dance  lately? What about your meetings? all these questions well i will stop rambling as usual  so take care and hope to hear from you soon jeanette xxrolleyes 

• Posted

Hi Jeanette think our letters might be crossing.. Poppy is great although

Not allowed out for walks til had all her jabs although she can go in

Garden.I'm up at 7 with her which is ok as I need to take my meds

Then. After playing with her I go back to bed for few hours.. sorry your

Hubby is not so good. I had really bad few days last week. Went to

Big dance but had to come home early as was in tears with pain.

Wish I could still drive but DVLA took my licence away cos I was on too

Much morphine. Waiting for appointment at pain clinic. Don't think

They will offer me any more hope. Bowens did not work too well so

Have stopped it. Doc doubled up diazepam as arms felt as though

Someone was trying to saw them off. It's helped a bit but made me

Even more sleepy.. hope things get better with you. Write soon if you can. I love my little puppy to bits. She loves to cuddle me and knows when

I'm in pain so looks at me with her big Brown eyes and whimpers

For a cuddle.. so lovely that a little thing of only 8 weeks knows when

I need a cuddle. My eldest daughter in hospital just now for new tests

For her fibromyalgia and chronic pain syndrome.

. Feel helpless cos I can't help her as

She lives so far away.take care Jeanette and write soon if you can.

Carol xxx

• Posted

Hi Carol

Been having trouble with internet sometimes works other times not when it is time to renew i will be changing have had nothing but trouble with it!! Anyway sorry to hear about your daughter hope she is ok i think it makes you worse when it is one of your family and you cant do nothing.A good friend of mine has fibromyalgia and she said people dont believe her because you cant see anything have not seen her for a few weeks as she has just bought a house with her b/friend and she is so tired with that and work.well so pleased poppy has settled in and it is lovely when they know when to just sit and cuddle in it makes you just that bit better does"nt it?my dog was like that with me you think they just know. Sorry bowens did not work but it was worth a try it might have worked you will try anything once just to see! Have to go for heart echo soon still having bother if its not one thing its another what with malcolm and me then m/i/l is in hospital!!! good job we can still smile cos if not would probably cry still as i always say always someone worse off.I have to think like that. dont know what i would do if i lost my licence.Sorry about your big dance did you do too much before you went?I know you were looking forward to it.Maybe once you get used to the diazapam it will be better for you? It is good to hear from you again bit of a ramble going on here on my part but been down a bit but no doubt i will get over it i have days like that as you do?

well i hope to hear from you soon and you take care and also your daughter jeanette xxxsmile 

• Posted

Hi Jeanette been really busy. This little puppy is taking up all my

Time and ennergy. Didn't realise she would be such hard work. She has

A mad hour every day when she runs around mad shaking her toys to bits

Tearing up an old cardboard box trying to bite our feet and barking like

She's a lion. Then she goes back to being a cuddly puppy again. I

Presume this is normal behaviour and she will calm down later.. I'm

Really sore just now.think it's all extra work with dog. I go in for my

Foot op Thursday for another cancerous lump so will be off my feet

For few days.daughter home from hospital with no conclusive

Results for her breathlessness. It must be tough on you with hubby

Being unwell too. At least I have ken who can take over when I'm

Really bad. Got Halloween dance Saturday but I do won't be able to walk

Cos of stitches but I still hope to go and just sit. Arms really bad just

Now. Told ken I feel there are little men inside my arms trying to saw

Them off. Well off to sleep. New bed coming tomorrow and I have to

Be up at 7 for dog. Take care and keep writing. Its always good to

Hear from you.

Carol

• Posted

Hi Carol

So glad your puppy  has settled in even though she has a mad hour

every day!! It is normal for that to happen our dog used to do that and if the door was open she would run  around the garden as if she was possesed! Not content to do that she would run in next doors  house and do the same in there and she   has  wood floors so you can imagine that lol!! i do hope you get to the dance even for a couple of hours.sorry to hear about your foot if it is not one thing it is another!! Hubby has to go and get injections in his hand so i have to drive can drive but nearly always bad later dont want to ask sons because of work. will you be getting dressed up for halloween i do hope so?!!! hope your daughter gets answers for her breathlessness soon. well still having trouble with internet so will sign off and look forward to your next post. My neck and  arms feel the same so will try and get some rest (cant sleep) so take care jeanette xx  

• Posted

Hi Jeanette

Sleeping on couch for second night cos New bed didn't arrive

Today. Had really bad day today. So sore had to dope myself up

With everything I had and sleep it off so ken had to take over. New bed

Here tomorrow hopefully.. glad you think our puppy is normal. She wasn't

Quite so bad today as I think she knew I was ill. I used to feel very sore

Every time I drove so know how you feel.. hope hubby is ok.. yes I will

Dress up for Halloween dance but way I feel today not sure if I'll

Manage. That plus foot stitches will not give me the incentive to go.

It was a crying dAy today I'm afraid. I just felt so sore and with the bed

Not arriving I felt I couldn't face another night on couch. But here I am

Feeling a bit better and hoping tomorrow is a better dAy. Ken is sleeping

On spare bed but it's too hard for me and I can't sleep sitting up in it.

Looking forward to New bed so I can elevate it and hopefully not be

So sore in mornings. Will write soon after foot op I

do love my little puppy but she is hard work. Hoping she will settle down

Soon. Be better when we can take her out next week.. Will write soon.

Take care.

Carol

Little puppy

• Posted

Hi Carol

How did your foot op.go on Thursday and also your Halloween dance? Did your new bed make a difference to you.How is poppy getting on. Has she had her injections yet? All these questions!!! lol Well Malcolm has been to hospital for his injections and we were there all day and i was not to well last night beacause i was sitting down on a low chair got to have a high back for my neck.Malcolm had a bad night but the dr.said he would have a couple of days been sore.How is your daughter keeping? Is poppy still having her daft hour running about?How you you keeping in yourself?

Well just a quick post this time so you take care and i look forward to heaaring from you soon

jeanette xx 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.