How do I Deal with Severe Illness?

Posted , 10 users are following.

I've had ME/CFS for almost 20 years. About 2 months ago, I started feeling worse. I can't link this downturn to anything I did. About 2 weeks ago, my illness again worsened.  Now I'm dealing with periods of extreme illness, which is hard to describe. It's not pain, although my neuropathy is worse. It's more like just feeling so sick, I can hardly cope. I meditate daily, which has helped in the past. Have any of you had to deal with a similar situation? If so, how do you cope? On top of everything, I'm having eye surgery in a few days, for a very serious condition. I'm totally overwhelmed. I'm so sick, I can barely talk. The horrible part about this, is that in any halfway normal situation, when you're feeling bad, you can talk to someone who cares, including a therapist. I can't get this kind of help, because I'm so profoundly fatigued and can't talk. 

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Brother! All i did was mention you tube! No links were posted, nothing. , (which i dont understand the big deal. Other forums allow them. ) And it sent my comment to investigation!! I mentioned doing EFTs for meditation. It helps.
    • Posted

Well as i explained in my other comment that is "being moderated" ugh, like its easy for us to do all this typing and thinking. I guess its bevause i typed in you tube capitalized,? Idk. Anyway it will show you on there how to do it for mecfs . Just tyoe in EFTs. They are emotional freedom techniqye. Its tapping on certain areas of your face head hands chest. It destresses me. Do you breath in or use essential oils? I love frankincense.

• Posted

They never allow links on here Tracey. Same thing has happened to me . x
  • Posted

Dear jackie00198. Same here. Mine suddenly changed and became alot worse. I've now had to give up work because I can't cope anymore, and yet when I'm led on the sofa all day doing nothing I'm fine.when you have your surgery tell the doctors you have M.E, anastetic effects the body with M.E somehow,don't ask me how, but I don't wake up so good and I always have a fever,soz don't mean to frighten you. I completely understand what your saying I find it difficult to hold a conversation too, but all we can do is listen to our bodies and do what that says. Horrible illness.😢

• Posted

Thanks, Carol. Am so ill right now I can barely talk to my husband. Who could have ever imagined such a horrible illness existed?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.