How do I fix my butt acne

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had butt acne since I was small , I am now starting to apply anti-bacterial soup and moisturising most days . I don't know if I am doing what I should do or if I am doing all wrong . Any suggestions. image

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Annie you may have folliculitis . Get a back brush and lather it up well and give your butt a scrub to loosen any dead skin. The skin in this area can be quite thick. Rinse with cold water and dry well and then use a body lotion, preferably not perfumed to soften the next layer of skin. Something like Aveeno is very good. Do this every day until its clear. then just use the brush once per week. Dont pick at the spots it will make them worse. Dont wear any pants at night and wear 100% cotton knickers and not thongs during the day. Try to wash your underwear at 60 degrees. If this doesnt help you may need medication from your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.