how do I get a boil to burst !!!! in agony

Posted , 19 users are following.

Ive suffered with this awful and embarrassing problem for 10 yrs, i get them around my groin and it usually flares up around my period and if im stressed...  I have one on my left side at the moment the size of a golf ball, hard and deep under surface,  doctors just throw anti biotics at me.. sick of em.. ive had two operations to have them removed but this has not helped..   feeling fed up and in pain walking about like John Wayne.  

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hopefully by now you have found releaf by now.. but someone on this support grip suggested PRID and it has really really helped me out.
    • Posted

Be careful with Prid if you have any allergy to sulfa drugs. It is sulfer based. I have heard from some people that sulfer does a lot of good for this condition, but I can't take it because I am highly allergic to it.  I would love to hear if anyone has had any experience  with sulfa drugs and this disease. 

• Posted

I have had this for 14 years. I find some relief by taking Turmeric (a spice) in caspsules. I take one or two, 3 times a day. Turmeric is a natural anti-inflamatory. This will help you keep it in remissions for a while. But don't stop taking it. If you stop, they wil come back almost at once and often worse than before. Clindamycin lotion (prescribed) will help sooth them and under the arms will give you a bit of deodorizing protection because it is antibiotic. If they are bad, wash the area gently and reapply 3 times a day. Clindmycin is not cheap. GoodRX coupons with help with the price. I tried a cream called Emuaidmax recently that was said to help. Didn't do much for me, But I intend to use it until gone...it is soothing. I am thinking of trying one of those lidocaine creams for relief from bad outbreaks...can keep you posted. As of this writing, I still have not found a doctor who knows much about this or has any effective treatment. It is really about pain management at this stage as I am stage 3 as described about the progression of this illness. I find that Motrin (Ibuprofin 800 mg) helps reduce the inflamation and lets me sleep. Sleeping and resting and  avoiding tight clothing durng the outbreak is about all you can do, although I think soaking in a tub of water as hot as you can stand it will help to get them to break faster. I hope someone eventually figures this out. It is so painful and miserable to deal with for all of us. And I don't do pain pills so I suffer a lot. 

• Posted

Hi ruth ive had this problem for 20yrs and also effects my groin area. Ive found a hot bath with plenty of salt in the water for at least half twice a day helps to encourage the boils to surface and eventually burst. Its never an exact science and remedys are as individual as the people it affects. I hope the bath remedy brings some relief for your pain. I totally get the john wayne walk and just remember your not alone
  • Posted

Hi All,

I have HS for 15 years. 2 years ago I started using 20-30% salicylic acid peel , later i started using TCA peel (50%) with the Salicylic acid. Which make them calmed all the time and they are almost disappeard. It is a slow process but life saver. You need to be patient but it worth it. I hope this is helpful. Sorry , my english is not perfect😇

• Posted

I have been dealing with these boils in my groin n under right arm for along time ...just wish i knew what causes them n how to get rid of them....can someone plz tell me how to get rid of them

• Posted

I get boils. At first I did not know what caused it or how to dea with it. I ended up in the hospital with dr.s cutting me open. Now, I know that you have to wash your hands whenever you itch, doesn’t matter if you have a boil or not, boils (MRSA) are very contagious and you can’t get rid of them. (If anyone knows how to get rid of it, let me know 😄wink. When you have a boil, put antibacterial wash in the tissue and wipe over the boil. Put crest toothpaste in a bandaid and put it on the boil. The boil usually draws out from the toothpaste. If not, clean the boil with water and soap and repeat. Boils get so itchy, if you have a big boil use a big bandaid and only itch with the bandaid on. The dead skin from boils is extremely contagious. Remember to always wash your hands. Since I started doing this, knock on wood, I have not had to go back to the hospital. 

When your itchy and feeling boils trying to come, wipe the area (me - usually thighs) with crest toothpaste before having a bath. Let it stay for a minute or however long you want it to. Than take a bath, don’t wipe the toothpaste off til you are ready to clean thighs. Repeat, if needed. 

I keep crest toothpaste in my bag at all times. If I use it for brushing my teeth, I use a q-tip to take some off for using for boils. Or make sure I have clean hands. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.