How do I get a Orlistat nurse and guidelines?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I have got my official weigh in at the gp's tomorrow, I have been on them for 3 weeks now, it took a week to find a chemist that stocked them!!!!!

Anyway on other posts I have heard about the nurses that guide you as my gp was rubbish and told me nothing I would like to chat with one. God knows what I would have done without you lot :D

So if anyone could help I would be grateful.

Thanks

Dx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

If you private message me I will give you the contact details - we are not allowed to put them on the forum for some reason.
  • Posted

Hi there Melody

I'm not sure either why you aren't allowed to post the details here. Would you please pm them to me and I'll look into having them put on the forum.

Melbi x

• Posted

Hi Melbi, I have sent you a private message with details of Roche Orlistat help line. It is well worth while contacting them, you get a qualified nurse,

it seems very strange that the nurse asks where you heard about the help line, and yet they don't make any mention of it on the leaflet that comes with the pills! I found it extremely helpful, well worth registering & having a chat, takes about 20 mins or so depending on how many questions you have after she has run through the registration process & told you all about how the pills work etc. They contact your GP with your premission, & will phone you in a couple of weeks to see how you are getting on. I have received a bumper bundle of books from them this morning.

They will ask you to register like i mentioned in the post and for that you will need to give them the batch number of the tablets you are taking - this is on the box that the medication is in! I think she said they are there until 8pm.

I would also like to mention how helpful your forum is. Like many others, my GP just suggested I would be a candidate for Orlistat & said you will know if you eat the wrong things as the bowel movements will be soft! I just put Orlistat into Google & found you & what a blessing it's been! Many thanks,

Mel

• Posted

Really sorry Melbi, I have tried twice to send you the details but I only succeeded in sending it to myself!

I have successfully sent to a few others today, or though my PC is playing up last half hour. I will try again tomorrow.

Mel

• Posted

Hi again Melody

If you post the link on here I will check it out and if it is okay I will allow it through.

Melbi x

• Posted

Hi Melbi

I gave out these details and had the post blocked! so i have had to resort to backroom tactics (giving it out to people who PM me! :P )

Here you are (i have PM'd you the details as well just in case)

-----

The company who make the bluey's (Roche) started a \"helpline\" to give advice and help users to monitor their lifestyles. It has been importantly helpful for me when i had quick questions or wanted a good chat.

You can talk without registering, but they offer a service where every month\\month and a half they ring you at your convenience to find out how your doing, answer any questions and advise on what is right and wrong when on the blueys.

Here's how to contact them:

if you are online http://www.xenicalmap.co.uk or the number is 08007317138.

They will ask you to register like i mentioned in the post and for that you will need to give them the batch number of the tablets you are taking - this is on the box that the medication is in!

Hope they are as helpful for you as they are for me!

• Posted

Hi Dave H.

Thanks for the link. I have checked it out and can see no reason why it can't be made available to all users of these tablets.

I like the idea that you have to give the batch number to register.

Good luck all with the weight loss.

Melbi x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.