How do I get medical care if I need it?

Posted , 2 users are following.

After going in to hospital,due to their bad treatment I got PTSD. Naturally if I had to go back to hospital for any thing I would be to scared. My therapist treatment for this is to relax. This is impossible if you have PTSD. If I refuse to go back because I'm scared then that is my fault and I would be cancelled. I would then miss out on care and could possibly die as a result. What can I do?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Ooph that's a bit cruel, I don't know what part of the country you're in but PTSD isn't a joke! You go back to your doctors and discover why you have PTSD. Mine was down to assault. It's a tough road having PTSD. Relaxation doesn't cut it, you need counselling if you have PTSD. Good luck getting help you need to make sure it's PTSD and then shout help.x

• Posted

Thank you for replying .l got PTSD from being in hospital due to their bad treatment.  I have had treatment for PTSD but I'm told just to relax if I ever have to go to hospital again. I'm petrified. The NHS are not going to help me in any way.

• Posted

I feel so bad for you that you think the NHS would do this to you. The NHS are just a massive organisation. What happened for you to go in to hospital without PTSD and come out with it? This doesn't make sense to me. Mine was due to double rape from 2 different men, which has shook me up both inside and out.

• Posted

I'm so sorry for the way you got PTSD living with PTSD is awful. People can get PTSD from all kind of situations and for me it was hospital. I wish I could say great things about the NHS but unfortunately I have to live with their mistakes. Because of my condition I was told that I only had 5 years to live unless I had a very dangerous operation for this I had to have a procedure done before hand. I was petrified. They didn't seem to notice. They couldn't do procedure because my B/P was to high and as a result blamed me and so it went on. When I left the hospital I was in a bad state diagnosed with PTSD. The NHS will offer me no help if I go back to hospital and I'm still to scared to go .

• Posted

Hi Nicki, do you know there is a company called POhWER who will take up NHS complaints on your behalf, it's free and someone will work with you to help raise your complaint, write a letter etc. If you feel it's gone that far you can call: 03004562370, good luck they're worth a go. I used them when they buggered up our ivf.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.