How do I get over this health anxiety after taking Pradaxa 150mg but once a day? Please help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys

I hope you are all well.

I am a 26 Ur old male student and am currently taking Pradaxa 150mg for a DVT and PE I suffered 6 years ago.

Recently I have realised that most anticoagulants are giving me terrible side effects, so as a result with Pradaxa I reduced it to taking once a day instead of twice.

This has greatly reduces the side effects however has me terrified as it's really supposed to be taken twice a day. After long repetitive consultations with my drs they don't seem to be getting me anywhere and I'm terrified something will happen from me doing this.

I am so stuck and anytime o feel something I panic that it could be an alarming problem. I would be wanting to reduce the dose to 75mg but twice a day, however I'm really panicked and don't know where to turn.

Please help any advice would be much appreciated.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Adame, you should consult with your doctor as soon as you can to let him know you dont get on with your medication and that you have cut the dosage down, there are other anti-coagulants you can go on, but you shouldnt really be changing the dosage as it is there for you to prevent further blood clots,dvt's, pe, etc, Please do go and see your doctor, im on warfarin and dont have any side effects, but i dont have any other illnessess either. As im not sure if you have any other medical reasons as to why you have been prescribed this. Kindest regards.

• Posted

However if youre taking the dosage the doctor prescribed, i dont see as it matters whether you split the dose and take it twice in a day, or take the days dose all at once.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.