How do I get pip back on track?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has any one else had benefit stopped because they say they didn't receive a form back? Without them letting you know they haven't got it still? How do I go about getting my money sorted back out please?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Ring them again, don"t give up. I assume you used the envelope provided for returning forms? You could have had "proof of posting or signed for at post office, even though it was a pr-paid envelope. ( just a few bob maybe ) Not to say it would get there but, if it was signed for at their end you would know about it and could argue that it"s them have lost it. Good luck anyway.

• Posted

Hello Henry77,

I haven't, but I have read that a number of people have been told by the DWP that they have not received their posted forms. But on further digging the DWP have got the forms, and are not exactly telling the truth. It would help to have proof of posting, and use that to tell the DWP on the phone the date you sent it back. But a number of people advise to send them special delivery or recorded. But I hear recorded are signed by the actual Royal Mail who sort this post on behalf off the DWP.

I would keep phoning them, but never lose your rag. Point out you sent it back within the deadline, and ask them to extend the deadline due to them miss placing it. If they can't find it you will need them to send you a replacement form. Keep a record of this, the dates of each phone call. And at least send the replacement by recorded delivery. But what ever you do, don't make a new claim as if you had never been on it. There are huge backlogs within the DWP. But I would chase them up after 2 weeks of sending a replacement form. And pin a note pointing out what has happened and why your form is late. I always put the date I post them things on the back of the enevelope so they can see it when they come to open it.

I really hope your original form shows up, as I know how stressful this is and the effect you went to, to fill it out.

• Posted

Hi you posted previously regarding this question and had good advice but you did not respond and now you have asked more or less the same question again.

Denise did an in depth response which answered the questions but you did not answer her either

If you re read her reply and follow up on it you will be able to get the pip sorted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.