How do I get rid of head lice and nits?

Posted , 18 users are following.

My daughter has got head lice, she has had it for over 1 month now. I have tried many different treatments but they are not seeming to go away. My daughter has also got many scabs on her headwhich she keeps picking and they are getting worse. Have you got any other suggestions?

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It has been awhile so I don't know exact amount of each but I used vinegar then the tea tree oil go online and you will get exact amounts. This killed them but what worked to keep them away was blow drying daughters hair every day this would kill the eggs you might miss and keep them away I would use the blow dryer every day after school on dry hair and also after washing. Once they are gone add tea tree oil to any shampoo it helps keep them away. Also put all hats and things in the dryer after school or play time to kill anything from other kids. Trust me the blow dryer works my daughter never had a problems again after we figured what worked. They actually have companies that charge to put a hat over the head and blow hot air to kill lice and eggs but heat from your blow dryer for hair and heat from your dryer for clothes pillows etc. will do the same. Also safer than all those chemicals which can cause other problems. GOOD LUCK!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.