How do i get rid of my eczema scars???

Posted , 10 users are following.

I've had terrible eczema for years now. It's on my arms, face, neck and legs. Even though the eczema has subsided, I'm still left with these horrible scars on my neck, arms, and, face. Does anyone know how i can get rid of the scars? Naturally or with medicine.

P.S. I am a person of color.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried rubbing vasaline onto the scars, or Bio oil is supposed to be good and you can buy from most chemists.
  • Posted

Proper oil is the key. Your skin will regenerate and repair itself over time if it is well moisterized. There are multiple oils that will help the process. Cocoa butter is actually a really good one for removing blemishses. Bio Oil is good too. The younger your skin the more likely your skin will recover.
  • Posted

Scars heal and fade in time. Time is the only healer. However, the areas where the skin has been damaged will not look like it did before. Even though, keeping your skin well moisturised will help it look better cosmetically.

Remember, no amount of products will make your blemishes fade completely. Only reduce the appearance of scars on all skin tones. Be weary in spending a fortune on miracle creams.

• Posted

You could try Bio oil or Vitamin E oil - both good for healing scar tissue. If these don't help (though I hope they do) google: "natural cures for scars" OR Love and Accept yourself for the way your skin is (as others also should) & glad to be eczema free! X
  • Posted

Hello Kameron54664 I hope you are able to see this, and I hope it helps. I am trying  a product called "black soap" it works wonders on people of all colors. There are many types. It's purpose is to heal and correct skin. Good Luck!
  • Posted

Hi I've just seen this. I am also a person of colour and I am suffering from really bad excema scars!!!! sad any luck?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.