how do I go down from 30 mg mirt to 15 mg

Posted , 4 users are following.

Iwent to my shrink and told him that I hav a friend who is on 300 ven and 15mg mirt for three years and feels great. so he said try it. I am on 300ven and 30 mirt. here is my problem. do I just cut  right down to 15 which I did last night or as my regular doc doc sa[d that he did not think it was a problem but if i was worried about withdrawal do one day 15 and one day 30 for two weeks. Then stay at 15. anybody want to vote.LOL

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Harry, i was on 60mg of Mirtazapine for near 7-8yrs then about at least 5mths ago i reduced my Mirtazapine dose of 60mg to 30mg an for me i didn't have any issues and now im still on 30mg.. i did have some issues when i reduced an went

completely off Zyprexa. So i hope to reduce my Mirtazapine even further at some stage. So i hope you have no issues coming down from 30mg to 15mg as like ive stated i had problems reducing down from 60mg to 30mg. Wishing you good luck Harry. Lloyd from Oz

• Posted

I ment i had no problems coming off Mirtazapine from 60mg to 30mg ... Lloyd
    • Posted

Hi Harry , im on Mirtazipine for Depression only nothing else.. i think we might have one thing in common apart from the Mirtazapine and that's i think we both live in similar climates im from Perth, Western Australia and beautiful warm to hot for most of the year anyway alltho its still Winter atm but can't complain as it'll soon be Spring. Anyway hava good one mate. . Lloyd from Oz

• Posted

Hi lloyd and harry - I'm on 45 mgs mirtazipine for depression for about 5 years and nothing else. Used to be on efexor - terrible time with that. I live in Sydney where we have had a warm winter. cheers.

• Posted

Hi Wayne

If you’d like to join a FB mirtazapine withdrawal support group, please private message me.

• Posted

Hi Lloyd

If you’d like to join a FB mirtazapine withdrawal support group, please private message me.

• Posted

Hi Harry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.