How do I know if I have an infection?

Posted , 10 users are following.

How would I know if it’s getting infected again ? Please help. 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Pushing on the pelvic area on the left side, if it is tender that is a sign, or feeling very constipated / pressure in your pelvis.

If you develop a fever, I'd go immediately to a doc to check your white blood cell count!

• Posted

I just have pain no temperature at all just annoying pain. 
  • Posted

Temperature is usually the best indicator.
  • Posted

Keep in mind that everyone is different.  For me the extreme nausea,  my sinuses started acting up,  palpitations pains in your lower left side, lower backaches and vomiting, fever, chills, diarrhea  (sometimes no control ).
  • Posted

I think I am just recovering from an attack of Diverticulitis but I do not know if it was an actual infection.  For me it started last Wednesday with twinges of discomfort in the left side and lower back pain.  By Thursday it was pain below the belly button and across the entire front that did not go away.  By Friday it was worse pain across the front below the belly button. That was the same thing I had experienced the first time I had an attack.  The difference this time is that I did not have a fever at all nor did I feel extremely bad all over like the previous time.  I did call my Dr. and I did begin a clear liquid diet for three days.  It is a week later and I am feeling much better.  You can't go wrong with clear liquids.  Give your colon a rest regardless but you do need to contact your Dr.

• Posted

Hi Dan

For me it was the pain. I never got a fever. It would start like an ache but it would become constant and the site would change. Left sided,  right sided , high or low.  The hardest part is trying to guess. Please don’t wait if you suspect a problem!

• Posted

Hi, I was wondering the same thing.  I have discomfort on left side and back, but not severe pain.  Also have diaherrea with mucous.  No sign of bleeding. No fever.  I never know when I should see the doc or just try clear liquid diet for a day or two.  I haven't been drinking as much water as I should so maybe that is the cause.

• Posted

I was diagnosed with chronic diverticulitis in Feb 2018, did the antibiotics, then found I developed a abscess so was in hospital on IV antibiotics then sent home on antibiotics, I developed severe Anxiety/panic attacks due to all of this, and was afraid to eat anything lost 32lbs , In April I finally got better just have the diverticulosis,except all the meds they kept trying to give me to control anxiety make me sick or worse. I eat very well , exercise, yoga ,meditation ,breathing exercises.the only bad habits I haven’t quit is my coffee and smoking. And now out of the blue I have been nauseous, mucus diarrhea, stomach pains with flutters and lower back pain , afraid of having a flare up, my blood work was all normal, no fever, just chills at times , had Cat Scan done just waiting on results. In mean time I did 48 hr liquid diet now on soft diet, so afraid of having a flare up, I hear taking GSE (grapefruit seed extract) works great when having a flare up ? No dairy!! My pain seems to be under my ribs left side, feels like a ballon blowing up there at times, stomach makes a lot of noise, so any suggestions for what to do during a flare up would be appreciated can I take Imodium, I already take Omeprozole daily and been taking Mylanta for nausea. This disease sucks and is scary

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.