How do I know if I have just Balanitis or Thrush?

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I'm fourteen, and all of a sudden, I noticed my penis becoming itchy. A few more days, it got severely itchy and my balls also started getting itchy. I noticed the foreskin near the head of the penis has a crusty, dry texture and there are a few white cracks where the skin folds. The tip of my penis is also getting narrower i.e its harder to pull back foreskin.

How can I tell if my disease is caused by bacteria, fungus, or its just irritation?

Also, what over the counter medicine or cream can I get without needing a prescription?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

sounds like thrush some balantitis is caused by it its basically just redness irritation itchyness and also skin cracking and peeling if u notice anything like that apply some clotrimazole cream for 3 days to a week u should see improvement

• Posted

not being able to retract the skin on the penis fully is called phimosis doctors can give u a steroid cream to apply in severe cases circumcision is required

• Posted

what i suggest u do is purchase the cream as fungal infections can cause phimosis and make it difficult to retract the foreskin back if u still have issues after 7 days i suggest u make an appointment to see a doctor /dermatologist

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.