How do i know if it just is a nervous stomach?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi!

So, out of the blue i get a nervous/anxious stomach. Like the feeling where you are about to go on a massive show ride or your next up in presenting in class.

It's confusing me and i think it's the reason to why i have my anxiety because i keep thinking maybe my gut is preparing me for something bad to happen!! I don't know if it is or not!

And also, this sounds crazy but i keep getting anxiety when my cats keep staring at me or want to cuddle, i keep thinking maybe they can sense something bad?!

Is it just my anxiety? Please help me. I'm suffering 😔

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

• Posted

I call it my washing machine tummy,

I had lots of test done including endoscope and ct scan because of stomach problems all came back clear and it is anxiety.

I have to eat healthly and keep a food diary

Lil

• Posted

I feel similar, my daddy died very suddenly of heart attack so anytime I get a wee niggle anywere near my chest area I have severe anxiety and impending doom! It is just your anxiety bit if u can, they say stroking ur pet relieves axiety and stress! Try to let ur cats lay on ur lap, and just cuddle and stroke them... It may not work but it is very relaxing for me! Hope u find the answer ur looking for and some kind of relief, good luck.
  • Posted

Panic attacks r anxiety attacks! I've been to doctors I'm just on here to try and get an understanding of y this is happening and to feel less alone. I'm just asking u a simple question! I'm on medication but I'm looking for alternatives! What works for me wont necessarily work for u and vice versa...
    • Posted

It's so hard to actually be calm when you feel like you are in a panic attack 24/7

I'm constantly afraid and my thoughts always creep on to me!

I can't be calm with music or meditation because once im not thinking about anything my mind starts going crazy, it's a massive cycle.

All i wanted to know if it really is my anxiety or an actuall feeling im so confused 😔

• Posted

I am the same Marisa, I feel ok with my medication until bedtime when I just lay in bed thinking and thinking, its a vicious circle and definitely sounds like your anxiety!
    • Posted

Yeah i'm on on medication, because i feel strong enough to defeat this feeling

But if it continues i will need to do something about it!

• Posted

I am on propranolol, I would b lost without them, they control the palpitations which cause my panic attacks, I'm terrified of dying the way my daddy did. I know in my mind its just a palpitation but I still become so anxious thinking its the start of a heart attack and I just go round in circles... I'm no expert as Thi has just started a few months, bare in mind my father died suddenly 2 years last march.
    • Posted

I understand what you are saying Nichola Ive had depression for decades my anxiety only crept up on me a few months ago

I would not accept it was anxiety at first but after all my test came back clear I had to accept it

Good Luck

Lil

• Posted

Im very sorry for your loss!

I dont have health anxiety, i just fear something bad is ging to happen but i dont really know what

Its a hard feeling to explain, i thought i was going to die before my boyfriends birthday but i never did but now ita just a feeling of uncertainty it sucks ):

• Posted

Look up deep breathing exercizes. It sounds like anxiety to me. Try the belly breathing at least 8 times in a row and some of that anxiousness will go away. It works for me and i no longer take meds for anxiety. I did thouh for 6 years
  • Posted

Also are you paranoid about dieing? Do you feel like that all the time?
    • Posted

I am so paranoid about dying!

Not health wise, but like dying either in a car crash or a freak accident ):

• Posted

But cats always stare. Mine do, anyway. It's nice they want to cuddle. Somethng has sparked off this anxiety. Have you any idea what it might be - and have you seen your doctor?
    • Posted

I don't really know what started it. The only thing i can put it down too is one night my friends were talking about dying and i started to have a panic attack which i had to hold in so i didn't look like a freak. It lasted for about 30 seconds. But that's the only thing i can say that has givin me anxiety
    • Posted

And i have seen a doctor, im now at a psychologist every week, but i feel as if once a week isn't enough for me
    • Posted

Marisa, maybe, just for a short while, you should rethink your decision not to have medication. If once a week at the psychologist isn't enough, couldn't you ask your doctor for something mild to calm you down - just for a little while?
    • Posted

I go tomorrow, so ill ask then i think

Thank you for your support tess x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.