How do i know if my SH cuts are infected?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have just started cutting again, nothing too serious, just mainly cuts just breaking the skin. Around of the cuts is red, i dont know if this is an infection. I cut mainly on my thighs and some of my wrists. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jade - your cuts will become swollen and very tender, weep fluids and pus if they become infected. Have you sought help for your cutting habits? 
    • Posted

No I havent but I cant anyways. I have never told my parents about it because they arent the kind of the people who would understand this. I know that it is wrong but they would make me feel guilty, blame it on me even. Anyways they wouldnt take me to the doctor they would just tell me to stop and never talk about it again.
  • Posted

I am afraid you will always risk infection or even worse if you carry on cutting yourself.  If you haven't already you need to seek help from a doctor.  Cutting is not normal behaviour and there are lots of other ways to deal with pain.  x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.