How do I know if the steroids are working?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have only been using the steroids for 3 weeks.( Clobetasol was too harsh, so the dermatologist prescribed Triamcinolone.) I am supposed to taper off usage in a couple of days, to once a week. I have a lot of burning still, so how does relief present itself? No burning, moderate burning?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I would expect no burning before reducing and personally I would want to be pain free for a week or so before reducing.Perhaps you could phone the

Surgery for advice .

• Posted

Thank you Ann, that was my thought, too. I may need to call the GYN on Monday. 
  • Posted

Buy some 20 Mule Team Borax put 2 tablespoons in water warm in about 2 inches of water in a small tub to cover your VJ you won't have burning anymore

• Posted

Do I do this even though I am still applying the steroid twice/once a day? I mentioned this to the gynocologist and she didn't like the idea of using Borax or Baking Soda. 

• Posted

I know nothing about steroids so I am not a good candidate to talk to about them I do not take them nor will I ever take them
  • Posted

i was started on triamcinolone when first diagnosed a few months ago.  still use it twice a day.  still not feeling totally better.  i plan on giving it til mid august and going back to my doc.  he never said anything about tapering off and as a matter of fact i have a prescription that can be refilled every 14 days with 99 refills.  seems he's quite optimistic (or is that pessimistic).  hoping for some relief.

• Posted

I'm wondering if any doctors advise patients to use a solution of Borax and water?  All I can tell you is that it works and heals!  I have a spray bottle with the mixture and spray on after shower, pat dry, and then alternating days ,use the Clob or Perrin Cream.  No itching, burning and the tissue is back to a natural pink.  Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.