How do I know my tooth is infected?

Posted , 2 users are following.

i went to the dentist 2.5 months ago. i told the hygenist that when i suck on my teeth i get that gross bitter taste. they did xrays and checked my teeth saying that i do not have any infection. after they cleaned my teeth, the bitter taste went away.

2 months later it is back. they did say i have a mild form of gengivitis. i am worried. what can cause this bitter taste in my mouth when i suck on my teeth??

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

Gingivitis is gum disease and if you are proactive about it maybe you can still save your teeth. I have the same issue and it's like the dentist doesn't know what gum disease is!?! I'm doing my own research and looking for a periodontist on my own. That's what I'm doing to take care of it. I found a good book on the Keyes method - and it's all about using salt (antibacterial), baking soda (antibacterial) and hydrogen peroxide (oxygen to anaerobic bacteria) to get rid of the bad bacteria. And I think it's getting better though it's hard to be consistent.

Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up