How do i know my UTI has cleared?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been taking antibiotics for 4 days. The first 2 days I took BACTRIM but that gave me panic attacks, so I am now taking AUGMENTIN DUO

I find the antibiotics are debilitating. I cannot seem to function properly.

So my question is - if the pain has gone away- but I am still urinating frequently- does that mean it has cleared?  Is the passing of urine just the way to expel the bacteria?

Thanks for any help

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

If you are still urinating more than usual, the infection is likely still there.  Did they do a culture and antiblotic sensitivity on your urine?  My experience is that Augmentin has never been sensitive to Ecoli.  Other bacteria, yes.

Sometimes we just have to accept and bear the side effects of antibiotics and other medications that are needed to make us well again.

• Posted

It needs a week in my experience to be sure the infection has cleared.
  • Posted

If the urine is clear, no odour , no fever, then you are cleared.you must complete the course of your antibiotic.
  • Posted

Keep in touch and even write to your doctors re your experiences...... Anything by phone or even consultation matters not. All items in writing does matter and is indelible....... The pen is mightier than the sword!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.