how do i knowif i have it

Posted , 5 users are following.

i hav eosteo arthiritis and restless legs, but sometimes i just ache legs ankles arms, legs, i can fall asleep watching a film, i usually wake at 5-6 am no matter what time i go to bed, brain doesnt not work as it used to, keep losing things, then i think is it just my age, im a young 59, walk 3 miles a day, i get sore days not weeks, so im thinking it could just be the arthiritis has spread , i have it in my hands /wrists and hips although hips dont bother me , yet,

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

yes i think im midly depressed, but pain can dothat to you, and im irritable 
  • Posted

I was told I have FM in 1999 but never really convinced....I also deal with OA all my life and take many supplements to treat these conditions....I take no drugs except iburpofen and DGL for stomach protection...

There are many supps to work with.....whether  you "have" FM or not I don't see matters that much.....work on your body as  you do and treat both OA and FM conditions....my first brochure on FM was put out by the Arthritis Foundation....

Magnesium is critical and if  you say restless leg, for sure that will help....thyroid needs to be looked into DEEPLY.....that normal comment from docs is balony.....

joy 76 US

I also have a sleep "cure" and I think I've posted it here somewhere or on the arthritis group..... 

• Posted

Go to your doctor and ask for a referral to a Rheumatologist Rheumatologist for blood test's ask for medication.....regards Brenda
    • Posted

since when are there blood tests for fm?

many docs don't acknowledge it.

as i see it a lot of systems need to be addressed and asking for meds is not going to do it.     I've been at this for 15 yrs

• Posted

Joy I have fibro for 36  years...it is now a recognised illness and yes there are drugs that help. maybe a check of bloods may show up inflammation levels...there is a lot of help out there eben government benefits ! So I would suggest that you seek a doctor that is up to date with Arthritis..... Fibro is a medical condition related Arthritis......so my osteoarthritis plus cervical spondilitis ! Regards Brenda
    • Posted

MANY have chronic inflammation in their bodies....and "supposedly" the FM is a nervous order disruption......  I was hit with it in 1999 from an emotional trauma.

Prior to that trauma I was working for over 10 yrs to try to get my thyroid fixed.....

At one stage before the trauma I saw an endo doc, who touched around my throat and said your thryoid is fine.....I know that was a bunch of B.S...then he touched a bunch of points and said "you have fibro"....showed me the point map and tried to get me on his guai drug protocol...I refused.....

So for many I believe do deal with both and don't know it....I've just known too many who took all these drugs and ended up worse with all the side effects, etc.......I've been with support groups and other FM groups and I've heard so many stories.....

So addressing thyroid, adrenals, minerals, hormones, Vit D and MORE are what are critical to manage FM....some pain meds as I take otc ones but I refuse the heavy duty stuff......this is what I see about it.

One doc said, many people have tender points on their bodies...does this mean they have FM?   

• Posted

Many have chronic inflammation and that would show up in blood work.  That is for sure with OA....and RA....I think so many have both issues as I do....but generally we need to work on all our "body systems".....

Hope my other post is released.    j

• Posted

What about the 18 pressure points......I have all of them combined with bloods and many other issues but Fibro can be diagnosed.. Brenda
    • Posted

yes IF my other post is released, I've talked about this.....tender points....that is what an endo I saw for thyroid said about me,,,didn't do any blood tests and just said thyroid is fine and talked about the tender points...he touched around the thyroid and dismissed my gut feeling.

My thyroid was not fine and finally got it addressed in 2002.....the above endo was in 1999...

• Posted

Hope we all get the result's that helps our conditions through bloods or whatever... Regards Brenda

• Posted

Hi Brenda

I have ben diagosed with Fibro3years ago, but have obviously had it thinking back about 15 years..I were given Oramorph and Pregabalin with disgusting side effects.The doctor would not let me come off them so I had to put up with them for 2 years..Went back to see another Rheummy and he prescribed Doseulipin AntiDs for sleeping. I told him about side effects from Pregabs and he said nothin either. So I decided I will wean myself off them, I still have the pain, side effects gone, and so has the weight I put on..I still take Oramorph and Paracetamol it takes the edge off.. Recently went to Boots for my script and the Pharmacist asked 'why are you taking Dosulepin with Oramorph'?as they should not be taken together because the side effects are awful! On that advice, I immediately stopped Doseulepin too. The DR said nothing to me about that..I don't trust DRs anymore, and just take each day as it comes now. If in lots of pain I use heat pads for an hour, then go for a walk about till it eases...I have never had blood tests for Fibro, but surely we should have one?

Regards..Anne..

• Posted

ALL the drugs come with side effects, and this is precisely why I work with all supplements...keep trying what I know helps the FM issues and addressing other systems of our bodies that aren't working as they did once upon a time.....J
  • Posted

It it is a testing of elimination so to speak. UR rhumy can do blood tests also inflammatory markers show up in blood tests. Also a ultra sound to be sure UR arteries r not blocking.  They r miserable. 

Sometimes it's a lack of potassium or magnesium. Or somerimes on UR feet to long with arthritis.

also talk to UR doctor about UR memory . Only he knows UR medical history and can advise you,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.