How do I resist the temptation to pop and scratch my pimples?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am suffering from acne for 6 years and counting. Popping pimples and scratching zits has caused lots of scars and spots on my face. I am an Indian and want help.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Have you ever had any medication to help you conquer this problem? 
    • Posted

Well you need to go back and get some treatment which will work.  Don't put up with this.  You must stop yourself from messing with your skin though I don't know how you can do this.  But if you don't then you will cause further scars and pitting and you will have to live with this for the rest of your life.  If necessary try putting some gloves on when you are tempted.  This might remind you to keep your fingers away from your face.  x

• Posted

Agree with hypercat.   There are plenty of treatments for acne but you do have to be strong willed and help yourself otherwise this could go on for a very long time. By squeezing and scratching you are just spreading infection more and more.

Take some pride in how you look,keep your skin on face and hands very clean. Buy some anti acne lotion and when you are tempted to touch your spots use the lotion instead,but this doesnt replace thorough washing.

And do go back to your dermatologist. 

• Posted

i think, Ayurveda treatment is effective for acne without any side effects.

• Posted

My scars are very deep and old. I don't find ayurveda of much use. Thanks for the recommendation anyway.

• Posted

People often touch or scratch their pimples without realizing what they are doing. This make things worse as the bacteria in our finger and nails create new acne. And it becomes an endless process. There are few things you can try to keep your hands off:

1. Keep you hands busy like reading and on line games

2. Avoid looking in mirror as much as possible

3. You can wear gloves around your house

4. Use makeup brush or cotton if you feel itchy

• Posted

Thank you for your precious recommendations. I have tried doing this and keeping my nails trimmed so that I cannot scratch even if I want to.
  • Posted

one of the worst things that you can do for your skin and acne problems is to constantly pick, squeeze and touch your face.Because of infection, inflammation and damage to the skin cells.

Eat and drink plays a role when it comes to acne problems. Try to avoid too much sugar, soft drinks, meat, caffeine, candy and ice cream.

1). Keep a notebook handy so that you know how often you’re touching your acne and what is happening when you do.

2). Clench your fingers or otherwise engage them so that you cannot touch your acne. 

3). Note what situations cause you to touch your acne the most. 

4). Remind yourself to stop touching your face with notes posted

5). you use a new acne product this can sometimes cause pimples to itch as well. 

confused

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.