How do I shift sickening shift pain?

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi people, can anyone shed some light on this? everytime i get to the evening i get sickening shin pain, how do i shift it? it's only since i cut all gluten out completely!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You may need to have xrays to check what is the matter. But wondering if it is cramp? Coeliac's become deficient in vitamins and minerals. Especially magnesium.. which can cause cramps. Drink plenty of water. (Tonic water is good for cramps also) To ease cramps you need to stretch the muscle. If in the shin at the front of your leg.. stretch your foot backwards, bend your knee. Take one or two magnesium tabs. Hope this helps.

• Posted

ah thought as much, my doctor won't test for this. she will now, i knew it was a vitamin deficiency when it starts it gives me nsusea!

• Posted

Hi everyone who kindly responded on here. This is an update to let you know I have been suffering with a trapped sciatic nerve, hence the pain! I have since asked for a dexa scan since my coeliac diagnosis and my doctor is ringing me tomorrow, I wanted to ask 1 more question though - how long did it take for your doctors to sort your prescriptions? I have now been waiting about 5/6 weeks!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.