How do i stop mirtazapine safely?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I've been taking 15 mg of Remirta at night for 2 and a half months now, but I want to get off of it. How do I do that safely and avoid withdrawal symptoms? Thank you!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello 😃 well first of all, no one can exactly tell you if you are gonna get withdrawal symptoms or not, that is something that each one of us who decide to come off this med will need to find out on its own as the time goes by. Some, although rarely, don't experience symptoms at all, others very lightly and others do get withdrawal effects bad and really bad. Now about how to come off this med by tapering (which is the safest way) you have to search on facebook mirtazapine withdrawal groups or a group that can specifically help you with mirtazapine and how to taper it. I do know how to taper since i am tapering and i was in a mirtazapine group for 1 year, but i'm someone who is afraid of helping others because if things go wrong , im the one to blame. But all i can tell is that the tapering method( the safest one) is by doing the liquid method instead of cutting the pill an then weighing it on a scale. But like i said, if you wanna come off this safely, then you need to find the adequate group to tell you exactly how to do it, but DO NOT go cold turkey.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.