How do I stop the discharge?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've been battling this for years, I can deal with the burning, itching, and tearing during sex but the discharge is ruining my life ( not literally, emotionally) I take a shower in the morning, don't use soaps just water but by that afternoon I already have a layer of discharge built up and drying all over my vagina, please help!

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Can i ask do you use any barrier protection after washing and to prevent and chaffing .

• Posted

you can ask for creams such as cetraban which moisturises and protects.

that agrees with my nether regions , my skin is very fragile and tends to

break down very easily.

• Posted

ive tried a few different things but it burns worse than leaving it alone

• Posted

i know what you mean. if you can get past the initial burning for a few tries it will settle down with the creams.

• Posted

i know some people disagree with this , but my Gynae and Nurse who also had LS at the clinic ( UK ) advised vaseline and betnovate ointment only a tiny amount on area of itchyness or sore. i am sensitive to everything including t. tree and emuid . i have tried most things that the lovely ladies on here recommended . But LS is very individual and different things will work for some and not others. I also wash in Derma 500 and douce in lavender and bicarb . Everything has much improved since i stuck to a simple regime . Also no discharge with keeping the area protected with vaseline.

These are my experiences of two years of stress and moving to a hot climate . xx

• Posted

I'm in the US and have never been able to find anything to wash with that UK women are using. Just googled Derma 500 and came up with something to wash horses with sensitive skin. Could this possibly be the same? I am also very curious about douching with lavender and bicarb as you are the first person to post anything about douching that I have seen. Did you come up with this mixture or was it recommended by the nurse with LS?

• Posted

Hi i will send picture of derma 500 Also the lavender and bicarb was recommended by Gynae . I soak in a bath with this and has been really good . As my skin tends to itch and the bath helps .

• Posted

i have the same problem, for me i can bathe / shower an hour before my gynae appointment and still have the thick white layer by the time he sees me. it is vile. if you find a solution please let me know. x

• Posted

I am amazed that you are having sex considering how horribly uncomfortable it sounds. I would imagine the discharge could be your body's response to the discomfort. Do you have the amount of discharge only after attempting sex? What does your gyn say?

• Posted

its everyday, i dont have one right now im in the process of looking for one

• Posted

Ladies, I do understand...sometimes over the course of my life I had to wear a "mini pad" because the discharge was such a pain BUT let's really talk....that should be the very worst of our problems...keep your "V' clean and fresh and just wear the mini pad....not the end of the world....(just my opinion)...it could be a lot worse....itching, burning and soreness....

• Posted

Hi. As if you dont have enough to cope with ...LS on its own is quite enough for anyone. I found a water based cream that was recommended for my late husband to use for bathing when he had cancer. I went straight out and bought some for myself three years ago when diagnosed with LS. Its a godsend for me. Im in Scotland and its easily bought in chemists. Aqueous Cream. Fragrance and Lanolin free. I think if youre not in the UK ask your chemist/pharmacy for a water based cream. As others on here say we're all different and different things work fir different people. It really is trial and error Im afraid. I only use steroid cream now if I feel a flare up about to begin. I was miserable for a good couple of years... its a hellish condition. I also started taking Vitamin D capsules ... one a day plus a vitamin B12 capsule x 2. Its been six months now since last flare up. I still get the odd itch now and again which I attribute to not eating properly and red wine !!! Food and diet is definitely a factor for most of us I think.

Do speak to your chemist or GP about the cream... I use it only for washing down there and keep stocked up.... you just cant afford to use any soap down there... ever !! Good luck to you with your trial and error. Dont give up

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.