How do I stop weighting myself?#

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was overweight when I was little and now I lost some weight. I can't stop checking my weight and it keep fluctuation from 105-109. Sometimes I would be at 109 and then suddenly drop to 107. But it does go back up. I'm stressing about this. My anxiety is acting up. People tell me it's just my anxiety, which I'm sure it is but I can't stop it. I haven't been consuming as much calories like before, quit eating at night, so maybe it can make my weight fluctuate? I keep thinking cancer, cancer. It's absolutely annoying. I can't stop weighing myself ever since someone told me I gained a bit of a weight again a few months ago. How do I limit my weighing time?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Just know that your weight normally fluctuates. Your weight can go up with bloating or when you eat a full meal and down when you go to the bathroom. Even urine can affect your weight, water weight. It is normal for your weight to fluctuate a bit and it's is only between a few single digits it is nothing significant. Try to remind yourself that this is normal and everyone experiences it. Also gaining weight is not a bad thing you're 16 at 109 LBS at the most. That can be underweight for your she depending on your height. If you don't exercise normally already, I would highly recommend it. Gain some muscle weight and eat healthy. Doing this regularly can overall improve your state of mind even help take some of your anxiety down. It will also make you medically healthier so maybe that will also calm down your anxiety.

• Posted

Hahaha yes you should definitely try and gain some weight, healthy weight. I'm also 5'2" and I weigh almost 130LBS. To put on muscle weight is good and healthy, go to the gym! Or work out with some friends it really improves your state of mind as well.

• Posted

I was 120-ish when I was 12 so I had to lose weight. I went all the way down to 99-100.  But then I gained some weight and lost some weight. I just realized my scale is really off and I’m actually 114. I got a new scale-digital. I tested it and it seems accurate while my old scale was totally off. Is 114 still underweight? And I’m still freaking out over the pink nails with a paler color near the cuticle. Everyone is saying it looks fine but I’m still freaking out even though it doesn’t look that..weird? And then I’m going on a cruise this summer and bad thoughts keeps coming in. Like what if the cruise is gonna be like the titanic?! What if the ship starts flooding? So far, 99% of people I talked too says I need to see you therapist again 😔

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.