How do know if you need to increase ur dose

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey iv been on 75mg of venaflaxine at nite immediate release and the pass few days my mood has dipped and my anxiety has came back but not as bad as it was but its back...im tired and very stressed at the min...is it just a rough patch or would my medication need Increased? Tia

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Best talk to your Dr about this.   If your anxiety gets too high perhaps they can give you something to deal with this instead of upping you Ven meds. Cover all your bases but do it with your Doc. Enjoy your day.....
  • Posted

You probably need to give it 2 weeks, to be sure if its a blip or not. Your 75mg immediate release at night seems weird? Have we had that conversation before?
  • Posted

I would recommend taking it in the morning xx
    • Posted

i personally would say just miss the one night and start the next day. But definitely talk to your doctor first. The reason why you should take it in the morning is that the effectiveness is highest for the first 12 - 15 hours after taking it. So in the day when u are awake would be best smile x
    • Posted

Awk rite I never new that! I'm just scared off it making me sleepy during the day x

• Posted

Stacey. Its best if you spoke to a pharmacist regarding when you should take your meds. They have studied about this kind of styff and they know best. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.