How do u guys manage your gastritis symptoms

Posted , 5 users are following.

newly diagnosed here with Gastritus and unsure about good medication and symptom management

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Avoid spicy food, tomatoes, oranges, and anything acidic...if you look up on google or youtube you will get a list of foods you can eat...I have it too, I find 1 Tsp of manuka honey in lukewarm water soothes my stomach...if its bad, I just take gaviscon 20 mins after meals, raw onions gives me severe pain, so I avoid them...its trial and error really, but you will soon know what foods triggers it off.. if possible, avoid PPIs , they are great for a week, but very bad for you long term,my GP told me this....

• Posted

thanks. I wish I could use honey but I also now have lactose n fructose intolerence. sooo very hard to sort out what triggers what. I'm now on ppi's for a trial for a few months like 2 and then may transition to zantac

what type of medication is gaviscon?

• Posted

an endescopy will tell you exactly what treatment you need. possibly PPI s.

• Posted

thanks. had endoscope over the summer. mild bile reflux gastritus was diagnosis. was on and off meds briefly. also have lactose n fructose intolerence now. just restarted PPI's for the gastritis...its complicated

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.