How do u knoq its full hyster

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi i got my pre op letter for my pre op its says speciality surgery. My consultant told me my letter would say vaginal surgery for hysterectomy. Does this mean they r giving me full op and cutting me instead ?? Xx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nicola

I had vaginal hyster 11 wks ago. They cut the top of vagina and remove it through vag area. It's very straightforward and I had minimal pain. Cramps for a few days and very light bleed.

Anymore questions just ask me.xx

• Posted

Not sure what speciality means.. I think you need to ask the consultant Secretary before hand. Have you had pre op yet? If not ask all your questions then.x
  • Posted

I to had paperwork stating that, however it depends on opening up the area and what they find. I ended up having partial hysterectomy with three incisions. Stay strong 
  • Posted

Hi Nicola.

I’m following up with your later question. 

I’m not certain, what the term ‘Specialty Surgery’ refers to. Please call your consultant and inquire. You’re the patient and deserve to fully understand every aspect of the procedure and all terminology.

Please stay in touch.

Hugs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.