How do u stop these thoughts?????

Posted , 5 users are following.

How do u stop having anxious thoughts? I thought today I'm doing ok today n next minute it happened again .. Constant thinking somethings wrong or going to happen. I need some advice sad

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

You dont have to stop the thoughts, you have to stop reacting to them. You do not have to believe the thoughts or run with every thought that pops into your head. You can accept you have a disorder, acknowldge you have these thoughts and tell yourself thats it ok because it doesnt mean its the reality or truth. And if it feels like a ocd thing where the thought repeats  non stop and you cant properly process it or logically dismantle it on your own you need to get some help for ocd. Books, cbt, theraoy and they do have medicines as well.
    • Posted

Thank you I have so many books on different subjects on cbt and I also go to cbt and I'm starting councilling soon also. My therapist said every time one of those thought comes say to it thank you for your input but I'm not interested and keep doing this until it's less and less. Just drives me crazy.
    • Posted

Im guessing here but i think somewhere along the way you have confused "gut" feeling with thoughts. They are totally different. I cant exactly explain the difference to you but they feel different and gut feeling is a calmer rationale kind of knowledge versus a negative, sabatoging illogical thought. As you are in therapy and learn more about ocd and such hopefully that connection will be made for you.maybe thats the link.  Then you will get these  thoughts and realize all you need to do is accept, acknowledge  and respond to them and NOT  react to them. Easier said then done I would assume, but maybe simplier then you think too. You can write one down and tear it apart on paper too. Walk the thought through basically and dismantle it. Then keep it on an index card. Maybe that would help. Have a index card box and each thought that repeats a lot do this. Its cbt by the way but helpful in teaching yourself they are just mere thoughts that do not require actions. It will help you improve your Logical thinking. Then when it repeats go pull out your index card and review it. Then you can say oh ok thank you thoughts im not reacting to this now...it will work just be patient it can take a year to undo this stuff. You have a lot of retraining to do here. Just an idea for you.
    • Posted

Thank you I will try what u said with the index cards it sounds like a good idea. It's like as soon as you think I feel good it's back n them anxious thoughts r there telling u your gana faint or thinking crazy thoughts bout health. It will take time but I've come along way already in the last year a lot of improvement already.

Thank you

• Posted

Your giving your anxiety too much attention and it loves it.

Distract yourself exercise meditate are a couple of things you can do

Consider therapy it teaches you how to manage anxiety

Stay Strongrolleyes

• Posted

Thank you for your reply it helps to just talk about it with people that understand smile xx
  • Posted

Hi numb

I had for a few months I had heart problems and it all started from muscle pain in chest and back and I worries so much it brought on anxiety attack

Really lightheaded pins and needles everywhere and went to doctors and said it's anxiety

Had my heart checked bloods taken and all came back well

I still thought I was going to have heart attack as was having palpitations bad enough to have my daughter listen to my heart beat to check if I was having them and if I was I would worry like he'll I'm going to die

With this worry my heart rate went up and racing heart

This went on for 2 months to the point I got fed up with the light head Ness and heart palipations etc I just kept my self busy and the more u think about it the worse it is and when u are feeling low just remember everything is ok and there's no need to worry or panic

When u say something going to happen in what meaning as in health or relationship or just something is going to happen were u are at harm

• Posted

Anxiety is a big sh!@ if u ask me! Keeping busy is a good idea how has that gone for u now?

Mean in health I always think bad things are happening and I hate that.

I can't get close to anyone like boyfriends I do and I'm horrible to them to push them away again I keep my guard up all the while . Guess I don't wanna b hurt n anyway they wouldn't stick around if I got really poorly anyway. Aaargh just so irritating

• Posted

Hi ya yh it's better and me being young and active helps

If I go out I sometimes go lightheaded but I do my best to put if off and really only happens if I think about it

Theres no harm in thinking ul be hurt

But try your best to not think of the worst and it prob won't ever happen and why dwell on it

I know it's hard not to think about it and how u feel and u ask yourself why am I but u really have to switch away from it and just live your life

The hardest for me was I thought I had something wrong with me every pain twinge I though I'm gonna have a heart attack or I have heart probs

It's been 3 months now and I'm still here so I just learnt that if I was or am going to die il be dead by now haha

• Posted

Yoga, meditation and eating healthy does wonders for the body and mind smile
  • Posted

I always try and tell myself that it's just anxiety that's making me have those thoughts I try so hard not to believe them but it doesn't work I end up having a panic attack we need to realise that it is just out anxiety and remember all the other thoughts we had before and nothing happen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.