How do you clean after a bowel movement ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have a fissure, whats the best way to clean after bowel movement ?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nicole, I like using non alcohol free flushable baby wipes, then I use a bedit or shower sprayer attached to my bathroom faucet to clean the rectum. I hold the sprayer in one hand while using my finger to help remove any stubborn feces. also Sitz bath in hot water will help. Just be as gentle as possible cleaning your anus. After that I use my prescribed ointment to help the fissure heal. Make sure not to leave it dry and irritated at all times. I hope that helps you.

• Posted

inexpensive portable bidet 8$.(Amazon)

nice smooth warm water to clean well and avoid excessive wiping

• Posted

thanks

i did that cream for six months.

not sure that it helped.

did you find that it helped?

• Posted

Without The Kenalog Protocol Surgery, not alone. With surgery much better results.

• Posted

unfortunately Kenelog surgery is not available in Canada that I know of.

thanks

• Posted

i use a handheld bidet aka shower head sprayer or muslim shower. cost under $12 from amazon and ebay

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.