How do you cope at work with Sjogerns

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

I do office work & the past couple of months im finding the arm pain unbearable, achy, no upper arm strength, weak,numb etc the pain feels like it travels, to under my armpit & also hurts when i lay down. Rheumy - says nothing is swollen so nothing wrong. Ive tried various physio, ostepath plus other treatments. Does anyone else have this?... The thing is i keep having to go of sick cause of the pain & my work arnt happy & keep threatening me with losing my job! Its geting to the point where im wondering what other job i could do. ? Xx

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello daniw,  Iget this often and all of last week it was the whole right side of my body shoulder to foot. I do not get swelling either but your dr is wrong imho! Pain is pain!!! Explain to your dr you may need a note, pain med adjustments, and what not and if he doesn't help, get to another dr! Hope you are feeling better!

• Posted

Thanks tj

Its like a constant battle. & i say that pain is pain - its all very long process isnt it lol xx

• Posted

Hi daniw83, yes many days it is horrible but don't give up on finding the right doctor and meds. We are all here for you even if you just want to vent smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.